• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie to wlsurgery.com

BOBBY873

Six Month Post Op
Hi all,

Statistics as of 31st March 2012

Highest 440 lbs / Current 399 lbs / Goal 220 lbs / Lost 41lbs

Highest 200 Kg / Current 181 Kg / Goal 100 Kg / Lost 19 Kg

A person who has come to the point in life when a change is required.
Married with children that have now almost grown up and left the nest, it's a time for me.
No change is not an option.
blink.gif

The thought of having surgery has not come likely and has been a constant development over many months.
Following a number of visits to the local doctor, my appointment to visit the hospital finally came through in June 2011.
Initial weight was 200Kg, reducing to 190 Kg at the time of the 1st hospital appointment. BMI was 56.
sad.gif

My second appointment to hospital was to see the Dietician at the end of September 2011 and now I have had PCT approval for funding end of November 2011.

The last visit to the hospital was end March 2012 to see the Dietician again and head Nurse so hopefully I may have surgery before the end of 2012
ohmy.gif

So for now I am searching the web, gathering the information to support my final outcome.

My current weight at the time of updating & writing this is 181.7Kg, BMI 51.41.(March 2012).

Yes I am worried, and really concerned, but I need to remain positive and focused for the future.
smile.gif

Any support would be appreciated.

Hi Bobby. Welcome. I'm a newbie here too and just wanted to say hello. I've been on this roller coaster for a while now so have probably experienced the whole range of emotions - I veer from scared to not really giving a damn on a daily basis. I have three adult children and a 9 year old. The two oldest left the nest years ago ... the third is being steered in that direction lol. I just keep telling myself that once I have the surgery my life will really begin and I can give my 9 year old more of myself that he currently gets.
Like you, I am hoping for the surgery to happen this year and although feeling relatively calm at the moment, I know for a fact that I will absolutely 'poop' myself once I get a date lol.
I've only been on this site for a very short time, but find everyone very supportive and helpful. So welcome and I looking forward to chatting more along the way. x

Hi Bobby, welcome to the site and good luck :)

Welcome Bobby am in a similar position my kids in 20's ones left home and one still with us. yes i agree time for yourself now. Go and get your new life xx

Welcome to the site! It's the best site ever, so much support - in new too but I'm always posting on here and asking lots of questions!! Everyone has the right answer ! I hope you get as much from this site as I do! Look forward to seeing your posts xx

Hello and welcome from another person who has just joined here.

So far i have found everyone to be very friendly and extremely supportive

:welcome:

Welcome Bobby :) I am six month post op & lovin life. Having the bypass was the single best thing I have ever done for myself. good Luck, hunni xxx :)

Back