• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Chewable Multivitamns??

Mamfa

Hi all I was wondering if anyone knew of the existence of chewable complete multi-vitamin? The usual tablet form are massive and I am loathed to try swallowing them and crushing them is such a faff and makes everything taste revolting!!. Thanks xx

I always gave these to my children & now grandchildren but don't know if they have them in adult strength :) Supermarkets & places like Holland & Barratts have the children's ones so guessing you have seen these ... try typing it into your search engine ... can't hurt :)

are you both managing the normal ones then? will try google again but i got bored of routing through the endless 'dodgy' drug sites that came up! LOL

bassetts soft and chewy do the job for me. I can't stand the chalky taste of the others and these are just like wine gums....but nicer x

ooh thanks Sarah I will look out for those! x

ooh thanks Sarah I will look out for those! x
They're pretty reasonable and come in a few diferent flavours...most supermarkets stock them x

ha! I bought these today as the revolting Dalivit are nearly all gone. Had one while in the pub with my son , who was scoffing a massive all day breakfast. it's the very best thing I've had in my mouth since the op !!

I checked with the pharmacist ( who gave me a foul look when I explained that I'd had wls. Flamin, cheek as he's twice my size!!) and he said they were all in there in greater amounts than the dalivit, except for a couple of b vits. The B12 is in there though, so he said they'd be fine.

ha! I bought these today as the revolting Dalivit are nearly all gone. Had one while in the pub with my son , who was scoffing a massive all day breakfast. it's the very best thing I've had in my mouth since the op !!

I checked with the pharmacist ( who gave me a foul look when I explained that I'd had wls. Flamin, cheek as he's twice my size!!) and he said they were all in there in greater amounts than the dalivit, except for a couple of b vits. The B12 is in there though, so he said they'd be fine.
Dalivit = :9529:....lol x

I have the bassets soft and chewy for now, was told to have them for 6 weeks but not good enough long term, so it is back to the horse tablets after that.

I am a woss when it comes to taking tablets, and pre op, had to chew the multivitamin into three pieces and still gagged. UGH I hate tablets!

I could not cope with the prescribed vits in the beginning, but not too bad now. Several people suggest leaving your tab out of it's box for a few minutes before taking it as it makes it a bit softer.

As long as you make sure whatever you take contains everything you need that's what's important as the ones we are on for life are supplements so they may contain more than standard shop bought ones. Perhaps get an alternative from your team if you are not sure.

My area doesn't prescribe multivitamins we have to buy over the counter ones. Just told a few makes or supermarket / chemist own brand A-Z

The only prescriptions I get are calcichew and the B12 injection, when it starts at 3 months. I shouldn't be greedy but as I get free exemptions due to medication, but at least the multivit isn't too expensive.

I have been stocking up on mine as they are on three for two at Boots.

I have the chewable multi vitamins and minerals (Boots own brand - adults to chew two of these) and I have also bought the Bassett's soft and chewy ones. I have also bought in some chewable zinc from Boots too - to help with the hair thinning, I think these might be Seven Seas (in a purple container)

The Forceval capsules are the most complete multi vit post op.Yes they are big but if they are on your tongue lenthways pointing down your throat sip warm drink to soften and it slides down.Dont overthink it too much,you will make yourself gag!I bet you could swallow bigger pieces of steak or chips!The others are not complete enough for post oppers.Its bad that your pct dont supply them,Maz x

I've got chewable Centrum Multi Vitsmins and chewable Seven Seas Calcium with Vitamin D, they are both ok, but I am having a bit of a mental block with them though and it's becoming a bit of a trial to take them everyday

You are right Maz it is a mental block. I can gag and have problems with my antidepressant capsule which is half the size of the boots A-Z. I am not looking forward to going back to tablets. Liquids are much nicer.

Don't mind the strawberry fastab, but we only get to have them for 3 months where as others have them for life.

I've got chewable Centrum Multi Vitsmins and chewable Seven Seas Calcium with Vitamin D, they are both ok, but I am having a bit of a mental block with them though and it's becoming a bit of a trial to take them everyday

Why not put them next to your tea and coffee if you have one of these first thing in the morning, that way you will see them and it will remind you to take them. ;)

Thanks Neeta,
I think you're spot on; taking them first thing is definitely the best way and gets them over and done with for the day.
My problem is that I know they are there and they are in the back of my mind all day, but just can't bring myself to take them!
So then end up having to take them when I go to bed, which is horrid, but completely my own fault! xx

Hmmm lots of differing opinions there, I guess I will carry on with the chewable and talk to my doc or wls team at my next appointment. Thanks for all the advice guys xx

Back