• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

chewable multivits

izzy31

Hi
Have just had a bypass and got all my complete multivits in but am struggling to crush and take. I have looked everywhere for chewable complete vitamins but can't find, i have been to boots and all the usual health food places. Can anyone advise me or even a website to get them from?

Thanx Issy x

Ask your GP for Forceval on prescription. They are a complete multi vit and mineral and as they are gelcaps they dissolve easily in a post-bypass tummy. They look massive but they are fine to take from 3-4 days post op.

The problem with over the counter chewables is they will give you max 100% RDA of contents. With Forceval you are getting 500% - 1000% of your RDA of most of them which suits a malabsorptive surgery better such as the bypass.

The problem with over the counter chewables is they will give you max 100% RDA of contents. With Forceval you are getting 500% - 1000% of your RDA of most of them which suits a malabsorptive surgery better such as the bypass.[/QUOTE

I concour with Shel, for a bypasser the bassets chewy multivits are a waste of time, i started taking my vits about 4 weeks post op and had no problem swallowing solid tablets !

i'm only starting mine in a couple of weeks, as can't face swallowing them while i'm still on liquids:D:D

Back