• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Chezzybaby 14 weeks post op (HELP)

Chezzybaby

Hi all I'm new and am desperate to find out some information, I went to the Toby Carvery for a nice Sunday lunch and asked the manager if it's possible to order a children's Carvery due to having a bypass, he said no as it's for under age 10 only, I explained over n over that my stomach is now the size of an egg and I was unable to consume an adult meal and he would not back down, he wants to see proof so I offered to show him the 6 small incision scars on my stomach where my surgeon went in to do the surgery he replied no thankyou, I said I don't mind I'm not shy he replied no but I am. Basically I have had this problem at a couple of places iv gone to for eats so is there a kind of card I am able to apply for to put in my purse as proof of having Bariatric surgery? If not there should be and I will be looking into it. I am sure I speak for many people out there who have had the same problems as I have had. I have lost 5 stone since October 23rd 2013.

Hiya I've heard that Toby can get funny. my cousin who is disabled went and asked for a kids meal as she can't physically eat much and they weren't having any of it they were really funny and made a right scene about it (staff not my cousin lol) frankie and bennys I've also heard can be funny too. I've been to harvester and they were fantastic I explained I'd recently had an op and couldn't eat much and they were fine with me having a children's dinner. x

There was a story in my local paper last week - exactly the same! Wasn't you was it?

I too have been refused kids meal in Toby carvery, but was too embarrassed to make a stand so just paid for full meal. Elsewhere I've not had any problems but tend to choose a light meal or starters..to avoid any problems.

Apart from that, how are you getting on? Finding it ok now?

nicola i checked that link and they all usa restaurants or would be ideal for post oppers

It's the cards I use, I've altered them a bit. If they see something in black and white they usually comply :)

ok cool might invest when my time comes thanks

Back