• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Did the hospitals ask for proof............

Meggie

I have no proof of the various diets I have tried in the past, including things like Weight Watchers. Will the hospital ask me to provide proof of my past attempts at weight loss?? A number of my successful attempts included A LOT of exercise and just very sensible eating, but obviously I have no proof of these attempts!!!

They didn't ask for proof hun, and I doubt i'd have been able to provide it anyway;)

Hi, Meggie, i had one appointment with the surgeon and then a month later a follow up with one of the surgical team, when they asked me if i wanted to go on the waiting list. No Proof, or anything. But then i am over 30 stone, so thought it was obvious that i needed surgery and that no diets was going to work or help me long term.

Hi Ellen how ya doing today hun, when i looked at the nice guidelines and ur pct Camden just follow the Nice it just says the patient needs to of tried medication to help them lose weight, not 2 sure which one they mentioned either reductil or xenical but def one of them.
Your doc would of provided all ur dieting history to them especially if u had been on the above tabs.
Not many of us would be able to prove what diets we had been on unless we had to get doc`s consent to follow the diet like a vlcd diet.
Am sure all will be ok hun not long to go now just 2 weeks and u will be on the next step of ur journey hun :) have a good night and chat soon xxx

Ellen hun have a read of the booklet we got in our folders as there is quite a bit of info in there hun, i only read mine 2 days ago lol :)

Wasn't asked for proof but had to take a print out of my medical records with me.

Hi I doubt anyone would have history of diets written down. If you have been trying to loose weight with your drs help, like I have for years, then they would have a record of different things you have done. I would have thought that if they asked you this they would be happy for you just to say what you have tried like ww sw vlcd xenical that sort of thing. Take care.

Ellen hun have a read of the booklet we got in our folders as there is quite a bit of info in there hun, i only read mine 2 days ago lol :)

I read it off the website right at the start but do need to reread it. I bought a lovely new folder to keep everything together and found the leaflet earlier. I will admit that I'd forgotten all about it!! Oops!!!

Hi I doubt anyone would have history of diets written down. If you have been trying to loose weight with your drs help, like I have for years, then they would have a record of different things you have done. I would have thought that if they asked you this they would be happy for you just to say what you have tried like ww sw vlcd xenical that sort of thing. Take care.

I have had the diet pills off the doc but didn't really use them as I got my referral through for WLS (got them during the same appointment). I don't have a record of past help from my doc as my past doctor told me not to be lazy and to just eat healthier. It was very useful and clearly a turning point in my diet life!! Or not!! I figured all docs would be this helpful so went back to trying to do it alone. Clearly that didn't work either so here I am. Hopefully the Whit will see that I have tried many things in the past.

Will they expect me to give the drugs a good go first??

I have had the diet pills off the doc but didn't really use them as I got my referral through for WLS (got them during the same appointment). I don't have a record of past help from my doc as my past doctor told me not to be lazy and to just eat healthier. It was very useful and clearly a turning point in my diet life!! Or not!! I figured all docs would be this helpful so went back to trying to do it alone. Clearly that didn't work either so here I am. Hopefully the Whit will see that I have tried many things in the past.

I am not sure whether they will or not have you got a number to contact someone at the hospital on? You could give them a ring tomorrow and ask them do they want you to start taking them. Good luck, I am sure everything will be fine.

I read it off the website right at the start but do need to reread it. I bought a lovely new folder to keep everything together and found the leaflet earlier. I will admit that I'd forgotten all about it!! Oops!!!

Lol i did 2 bought a nice pinky butterfly folder and matching note book to put all my phone numbers in, ie hospital and pct and also appointments :)

Hun am really not sure what they will say or ask u to do first.
Just looked in the little booklet they gave us and it says :

You would have tried non surgical measures for at least 6 months and failed to achieve or maintain adequate clinically beneficial weight loss.
However if u r super obese BMI > 50 then we waive this condition.

Hun not 2 sure if that means a weight loss management clinic or being on a diet for 6 months( which we have all done 20 times over ) or tabs for 6 months its very misleading, maybe some of the other post op Whit peeps who have had similar bmi`s to you might be able to help you.
I also think it depends on what ur pct insist as quite a few pct`s that follow the nice guidelines and dont have BMI`s over 50 want their patients to go to a weight management clinic b4 funding is approved.
Hun maybe you could give Lorna a ring and speak to her, she was very helpful to me and could def help you when it comes to what your pct might require to get funding approved as she is the one who deals with all the funding so is def the person to ask.
Hope u get some answers hun take care and have a good night xxx

When I had my appt with the Endocronologist at the weight management clinic, I took along 2 A4 pages of what I have tried to lose weight (legally and illegally!!). I think it did help because it showed the doc that I had put some time and effort into putting something down on paper, and it also helped as I didn't have to keep repeating myself....it was all there!

Last edited:
When I had my appt with the Endocronologist at the weight management clinic, I took along 2 A4 pages of what I have tried to lost weight (legally and illegally!!). I think it did help because it showed the doc that I had put some time and effort into putting something down on paper, and it also helped as I didn't have to keep repeating myself....it was all there!

Ty very good idea, am going to do that :D:D

Back