• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

chicken kabab v's chicken, salad and pitta bread

Chicken kebab!

Ive always loved chicken kebabs....I usually have all the salad, and the fresh chillies, and some lemon juice on it, just to give it some flavour...oh and the pitta (this I may have to change a bit after my op)...

I recall years of weight watchers dieting, and with the take away book, it would show a chicken kebab with salad and pitta at 4 or 5 points...so in comparrison to other take away foods, it was one of the lowest, and healthiest.

I

A chicken shish minus the bread works fine for me...and I put my own mayo etc on versus the shops so I use the lighter versions!! X

OOOh Rayne, just noticed you're half way there. 99 gone and 99 left to go. xxx

haha i know good isnt it... although i have put my goal weight to be 10 stone and i dont know if that is an unrealistic challenge or not.... i think i would be happy at 12 stone... so i could be over half way lol... i will keep it at 10 stone on here for now x

I love a chicken shish....

Reading this is the first time post-op that I have actually had my mouth watering!

Last edited:
Chicken shish kebab is high in iron but low in fat. Go for plenty of salad, with cancer-fighting tomatoes and bone-building onions ~ average calories = 155 and 1.7g of saturated fat (excl. Pita bread).

The average ‘Elephants leg’ kebab has 315 calories and 12.8g of saturated fat: 12.8g (excl. Pita bread). According to Hampshire County Council Scientific Service, the average doner contains the equivalent of a wine glass full of cooking fat.

Back