• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what to order help plz

suesian

hi we are going for a meal to our local indian with friends some dont know i have had a bypass, i could do with some help on ordering the only thing i dont like is tikka massala but i dont want to order something that will be high in fat any advice please . thanks x

chicken tikka is dry and the lowest of fat choices, you could team it with some salad, and tiny bit of plain rice if you can manage it x

I am afraid to say that I would guess that most Indian dishes are full of ghee (or melted butter) as its a very common ingredient in most sauces...

An average Indian takeaway of chicken tikka masala, pilau rice and a plain naan contains a whopping 1,338 calories and 55g of fat!

I really don't know what to suggest...sorry

i'm going out end of month I've just told my friend that I'll go but all have a bit of her's as i know wont even manage half a portion. Have had a small bit of naan so i'll share a bread and have the odd dip. Can you do that or ask them to do you small portion without ghee/fat if poss ours cooks fresh so they should be able to if i did ask

enjoy i'll may just find i'm full on the salad and popadom at the start which i love

hope it goes ok

xx

i guess ours could make fresh i just dont want to advertise my bypass as it always is followed by how much have you lost an ooo can you eat that i just want a night out lol

you could try a chicken or lamb shashlick, its dry and is like a kebab, cooked with onions and peppers, usually cooked in a tandori oven virtically so a lot of fat drips off. You can have it with some nan bread. it is very yummy when cooked well with lovely tender peices of chicken breast although dont eat it all as it is still quite carorie rich, but its the healthiest i dish i can think of.

I have indian as a once a month treat and have never had problems with Tandori chicken which is just chicken leg or breast with spices and is baked in a clay oven, chicken tikka is another one that is good and some indians do the spicy lamb cutlets which are just lamb chops in a spice coating. Beware of anything in heavy sauces or deep fried such as onion bajis, samosas. the breads can be difficult to digest too and are fat laden as they usually fry them in ghee. You can have the tomato and onion salad and cucumber raita too.

Too late as you've probably eaten it last night but i go for chicken tikka with salad. Can only manage half this starter though :)

thanks everyone i had chicken tikka and salad it did come with a sauce and i resisted it i also had the dips the hardest thing was not to drink with my meal which i didnt think of but had a great night thanks all xx

Back