• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Christmas support

Yvessa

Hi everyone. I know there are a few of you out there worried about Christmas so I've started this thread to remind you that you're not alone and so you've got somewhere for support when food is everywhere.

I am planning on enjoying the special days but sticking to my slimming world plan whenever possible. How are you going to handle Christnas?

Last edited:
Fab thread idea, as I am pretty much on mushies I don't think I will have too many temptations, I think my biggest temptation will be putting too much on my plate but I will take things slowly and be a good girl :)

Good luck to all xx

Will still be on liquids. Cooking for 12 on Boxing Day and not really tempted.

Excellent idea Yve. Well I will be working nights 24th, 25th and 26th. So we are having our Christmas day on the 27th. As im 10 months out, and have lost 9st 2lb, I feel I can afford to enjoy myself. For me having this surgery was about trying to have a healthy relationship with food. So I will be allowing myself a few foodie indulgences - just like a normal person. Haha. But I'll be back on the wagon come 2nd Jan!

Excellent idea Yve. Well I will be working nights 24th, 25th and 26th. So we are having our Christmas day on the 27th. As im 10 months out, and have lost 9st 2lb, I feel I can afford to enjoy myself. For me having this surgery was about trying to have a healthy relationship with food. So I will be allowing myself a few foodie indulgences - just like a normal person. Haha. But I'll be back on the wagon come 2nd Jan!
I totally agree with this. And I didn't have the op so that food could take over my life, but so that I could live. I don't want a gain post christmas so I will be careful on the non-special days, but if I want it its mine lol

Going to have some treats, but obviously only small amounts. Am at work on xmas day so not much time to eat. Only off xmas eve and boxing day! Will eat good meals though ie turkey and veg, cottage pie etc. Will stay away from baileys though as a small glass made me feel very sick!:xmascheers:

I'm pre-op, and waiting for a referral from the WMS at the end of January (I have a different medical condition which means I'm being fast-tracked through the WMS, so they're hopefully going to refer me at the end of Jan, unless I gain weight). I go back to them again mid-January, and need to at least not gain anything.

After several weeks of strictly dieting and being monitored by them, I only managed to lose about half a pound, so I'm a bit nervous. Especially when I do think about the fact there are some things which I enjoy now that I most likely won't be able to enjoy after surgery (either heavy food - so a bite or two would be all I could have, and not worth the hassle of making just for me or sweet as who knows how my body will react to sweets after surgery...).

I live alone, and don't have any plans with others for the holidays, but I'm also on holiday from work until the new year. A bit too much time on my hands! I've done my xmas period food shopping, bought a couple of managed treats, but that's it.

I keep reminding myself that if all goes well, a year from now I'll be much thinner and it will all be worth it. My new life is starting now, and adjusting how I eat is just a part of it. There will always be time for occasional treats once I'm well on my way to being thinner.

fjsinc said:
For me having this surgery was about trying to have a healthy relationship with food. So I will be allowing myself a few foodie indulgences - just like a normal person. Haha. But I'll be back on the wagon come 2nd Jan!

This! I don't want a massive gain as that would be too reminiscent of my boom and bust diet cycles of years past. That said, I know I will choose to eat foods on the 24th, 25th and 26th that wouldn't be my normal choices. Come the 27th, business as usual:)

I had my first Christmas meal today - so we had a carvery and I are ate a 'good' amount and didn't miss having pud.

Just me and the boy Christmas Day so I have bought just the right amount and right stuff. We were invited elsewhere but the temptation may have been too much!! While everything's gone well, I know my will power can be suspect so daren't risk it!!

I'm pre op and I'm going to enjoy myself, but not over indulge! I have asked everyone to NOT buy me chocolates, and will be refraining myself from eating any that are out Xmas day. I love Xmas dinners but I'm not going to pile my plate like I normally would, and I wont be having a huge slice of each cake that's on the go! I'm glad I can get it out of the way before my op. Then back to the gym in the new year Atleast 3 times a week. Been keeping it at 2 times a week recently due to my asthma but I know I'm not doing enough.

Merry Christmas you guys! Xxx

Kirsty

Hi all, I have just started my 2 weeks pre op diet, due to have my sleeve on 3rd jan (was cancelled for 25th nov). I am allowed to eat "proper food" and not just milk, but strict on amount and calories. I am working Christmas Day - so hopefully won't be too tempting!! Going to mum and dads for "Christmas dinner" - or what I can have of it!!! Mum is trying to think of a nice pudding for me -mums home made Christmas pudding is the best I have ever tasted!!!! But is off the list this year. I would be happy with jelly!! So any ideas would be gratefully received. X

Hi everyone. I know there are a few of you out there worried about Christmas so I've started this thread to remind you that you're not alone and so you've got somewhere for support when food is everywhere.

I am planning on enjoying the special days but sticking to my slimming world plan whenever possible. How are you going to handle Christnas?

Christmas....is it Christmas....lol

I am totally ignoring it food wise...I do intend having one mince pie on Christmas Eve and I will have a small Christmas dinner..
Boxing day everyone is coming to me, But they have all been warned there are to be NO deserts etc..and any surplus food will be distributed to the family for them to take home :)
I did not reach my target for Christmas so I cannot afford to be to laid back...I have tried 100% but age, medication, and just me I am loosing slower than I imagined...so I will just plod on :)

Well I've got a carton of American egg nog in the kitchen...and I swear its talking to me,
Last year I had a very small glass to try it was gorgeous ! but it made me suffer!
This year it's for everyone else not me.

Well I've got a carton of American egg nog in the kitchen...and I swear its talking to me,
Last year I had a very small glass to try it was gorgeous ! but it made me suffer!
This year it's for everyone else not me.

I'm originally from the US, and that's one thing I miss living in Europe! I've not had it in years, since I moved to Europe over a decade ago. A friend gave me an egg nog mix this year, so I'm going to make myself one glass and enjoy it - and let that be that. No big carton to tempt me with!

Good luck hon

Thanks!

As it turns out, it was awful, not like real eggnog at all. So down the drain it went (why waste the calories?!).

Oh no :( What a shame :( I do think its important to treat yourself and join in the celebrations - iron control often backfires.

Its more frustrating when it doesn't agree with us isn't it? I'd rather be able to enjoy my one little thing, whatever I choose to have.

Great thread Yvessa, the more my kids discuss it the worse I feel my daughter and her hubby are coming to stay amnd our Chris and his fiancée will come up for lunch, my daughter is bringing stuff for a cooked breakfast and thye talking lala the trimmings for lunch an then dessert. I feel physically sick at the thought of all that food guna still have it on my little plate cos will put me right off. xx We got, sprouts, carrots, cabbage, cauli, turnip, parsnips pudds roast pots mashed potato, chicken n beef uuugggghhhh my belly is turning. Tooo much xx be no potato for me just tiny bit of each veg bit of chicken n stuffing, n a Yorkshire pudding. Hope everyone enjoys it xxx

Well I am eating out everyday for eight days in a row whether it be lunch or dinner. I intend to enjoy each morsel I do have. Fingers crossed everyone else can still enjoy a lovely Christmas too. No need to be a diet bore, just plan in the treats and you can still loose or maintain weight. Put into perspective, without our tools in previous years how much would we have previously gone astray? Life's much simpler if you try living a balanced sustainable lifestyle, rather than having big peaks and troughs of focus :D good luck everyone xxx

Back