• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Christmas support

Brilliant thread yve . Just finished all my baking which was torture but thankfully it's all done now and packed away out of sight. As usual everyone comes to our house for dinner on both Christmas Day and on new year so food is everywhere in our house. It's mum in laws on Boxing Day and on the 2nd Jan..I can't say no as I'm helping her to get everything prepared.
It's like this every year with our family ... One big whooha. But I'm not too fussed now because the hard bit is done, the baking! I just have to keep out the cupboard where all the goodies are :p My next obstacle is resisting the dessert which looks really yummy and not going OTT on the turkey.

Have a good one everybody and don't stress too much xx

I made this yesterday for my god daughters 4th birthday and didn't have a crumb of it :)

Attachments

• amelias cake.jpg
    amelias cake.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 34
Doing ever so well ladies. I'm going into Christmas feeling good - and am happy to enjoy.

It's Lovely butterfly :) .. Well done on resisting. I do confess to having a small piece of a mince pie but it was purely to make sure my pastry was "short". Hubby says everything I bake is good but when it comes to pastry I "need to know". Everything else I can see is all okay but pastry can look okay but be like a brick. Hubby would eat it if it was and still say it's ok.

But surely that doesn't need a confession hon. Do you really believe it's wrong to have a little at chrismaas?

I'm hoping my mum or sister has baked some lemon tarts. I'll only have one with a cuppa but I absolutely love lemon tarts!

Kirsty

I was still quite strict my first christmas out to be fair. Scared of getting it wrong and being ill. But life does normalise.

But surely that doesn't need a confession hon. Do you really believe it's wrong to have a little at chrismaas?

No not at all just wary that I end up dumping and ruining Christmas for myself ;). Christmas for me has always been about watching others enjoy themselves and getting the grub right ... I'm still a feeder at Christmas :p :eek:

I'm hoping my mum or sister has baked some lemon tarts. I'll only have one with a cuppa but I absolutely love lemon tarts!

Kirsty

Fingers crossed that Santa puts lemon tart is on the menu for you hun :) x

I have plenty of time to get ready for next years Christmas. Should hopefully be having my sleeve by April. So I will also hopefully have the better eating habit in place! All I have had off my family and friends that I've told when I might be having my op is 'oh well, that's great, you can still have a massive blow out at Xmas!' But I don't want to, I don't want to put pounds of weight on.. I have my pre op on the 16th jan soo..

Kirsty

I have plenty of time to get ready for next years Christmas. Should hopefully be having my sleeve by April. So I will also hopefully have the better eating habit in place! All I have had off my family and friends that I've told when I might be having my op is 'oh well, that's great, you can still have a massive blow out at Xmas!' But I don't want to, I don't want to put pounds of weight on.. I have my pre op on the 16th jan soo..

Kirsty
I was the same last Christmas hun I had just been told I had the funding but needed to lose eight stone before I got the bypass. I had already dropped more than a stone and really did not want to blow it , undoing all my hard work by regaining it all. It's surprising what you achieve when the motivation is there ... Good luck Kirsty and have a lovely Christmas xx

No not at all just wary that I end up dumping and ruining Christmas for myself ;). Christmas for me has always been about watching others enjoy themselves and getting the grub right ... I'm still a feeder at Christmas :p :eek:
I only mention it hon, because guilt is what gets me every time. My biggest obstacle is learning to let go of that guilt.

Apologies, didb't realise you were preop. I was totally the same :) Good luck honey :)

Thank you ladies! I haven't been asked to lose any weight for the op, but obviously every loss counts. Going to be upping the gym in the new year too hopefully that will help!

Kirsty

Oh no :( What a shame :( I do think its important to treat yourself and join in the celebrations - iron control often backfires.

I'm actually toying with the idea of going to Tesco tomorrow (am I insane?!) and seeing if they have any of the £6 cartons (that would sell for about £1.50 in the US), just so I can have that glass. Such a waste of £6, really.

As you so very accurately said, iron control often backfires, and I'm definitely trying to keep that in mind (not just for the holidays!).

Personally, if it meant that much to me, I would :) But the key is to decide what makes your christmas I guess. For me its Christmas dinner with the family and Christmas eve at home with my little unit. And a pud is part of that.

love the thread guys as im still pre op but to e its just another day we dont buy all the extras we just do a roast and we get half a christmas cake from my son and his partner so i will still be stcking to my diet as i was last year

Back