• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Christmas support

I'm dreading Christmas, been invited to family, they don't know about my surgery, just that I've been on a diet and been a bit ill recently :sigh2:

Having to eat in front of other people, a single sprout and a tiny piece of turkey will fill me to bursting, and taking 45 mins to eat that, might just look a bit odd. The not feeling well/on a diet/food poisoning line has worn a bit thin. :sigh:

And the sight of too much food, and too much food on other people's plates bothers me. Supermarket had loads and loads and loads of reduced stuff yesterday that my husband got, so my fridge and freezer and now full to bursting which also bothers me just opening the fridge.

But hey it's Christmas :47::xmastree::smiley1842::smiley522::26::23::109::dancing_snowman:

im 7 weeks into the 12 week pre op weight management programme you have to complete here in Portsmouth before funding can be sought. Ive done so well and lost 8.5% of my weight so far and so dont want to mess up now. You have to lose 5% to be considered.
Im booked in to see the clinic doctor who does the referral on the 7th Jan, so really want to still show a loss over the festive period. With that in mind, im having a couple of extras on christmas day and will then get my willpower back out after that! Having the operation means more to me now than a roast potato!

I really wanted to try and break the rules today. So, for tea, I tried a small piece of each of 4 Italian Christmas cakes. No more than 20 grams each.
Not only I feel guilty, now, but I also felt nauseous and unwell for a couple of hours. At the mo, I feel like I've eaten an ox.
No more breaking the rules for me (until tomorrow's lunch, lol).
Merry Christmas!!!

I really wanted to try and break the rules today. So, for tea, I tried a small piece of each of 4 Italian Christmas cakes. No more than 20 grams each.
Not only I feel guilty, now, but I also felt nauseous and unwell for a couple of hours. At the mo, I feel like I've eaten an ox.
No more breaking the rules for me (until tomorrow's lunch, lol).
Merry Christmas!!!
Thats always the issue isn't it - balancing guilt with the pleasure of eating in company. Its definitely a learning process.

Oh Bally, im much the same. Decided just to maintain for xmas. Dont feel quilty, but its pretty clear im not going to indulge as much as i thought. I don't actually want to! Had a sausage roll earlier, and its sat like a lead weight on my pouch.

Thats always the issue isn't it - balancing guilt with the pleasure of eating in company. Its definitely a learning process.

It's the guilt AND the physical limits together. I really wanted to treat myself and I've learned that I'll have to learn to measure treats' portions too. 80 grams of cakes are far too much for my sleeve.

Oh Bally, im much the same. Decided just to maintain for xmas. Dont feel quilty, but its pretty clear im not going to indulge as much as i thought. I don't actually want to! Had a sausage roll earlier, and its sat like a lead weight on my pouch.

That's exactly how I feel. I sort had to "force" myself to have the cakes and, anyways, I'm not sure I even liked them.
Not a matter of taste but something else. Probably, as you said, I'm not ready to move to maintaining and to go back to "normal" eating (even if in tiny quantities).

I am still hoping for a loss by being super careful on non special days lol. Be kind to yourselves my friends.

I am about 5 and a half months out from having surgery and total weight loss is 120 pounds. I am currently on holiday and I will say I have totally gone off my very structured lifestyle. Being in a different country with all types of yummy different food has totally shown weaknesses in me and I have been somewhat indulgent. I justify by saying you have been so good so far its okay. BUT.... it isn't ok since I am worried when I get back home I won't be able to get back into my structured eating routine. :( Holidays holidays .....

It is difficult but it is doable. Be strict with that first week back, plan ahead, buy in the right stuff. Do all the things to help yourself that you can

Merry Christmas to all my WLS friends :)
Put guilt aside everyone it's okay to have an occasional splurge just as long as we don't ruin the day by making ourselves ill in the process. Celebrate and enjoy the day ;) xx

Back