• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

CHRISTMAS!!

salski

So come on guys - whats your Christmas day meal going to be?

Im planning on turkey and sirloin of beef with ALL the trimmings! Granted it'll be only a mouthful or less of each - but thats my plan! Im not missing out on anything ;)

i'm going to try turkey with all the trimmings, a bit of pud with cream and will prob throw up but at least i will get the taste roll on christmas x

We thought we'd have egg n chips! However i'm not overstruck on chips nowadays....

Seriously our xmas dinner which we are having boxing day will consist of all the trimmings and one of those Aldi three bird roasts (chicken, duck and turkey) which we rather fancy trying :)... For after it has to be xmas pud, although it will only be a sliver with some low fat custard! There will be no mince pies this year as i don't know the word NO when offered or having an open pack of mince pies in the house...

This year instead of choc n sweets in the house i think there will be some choice cheeses :) I'm thinking of turning into a mouse lol xx

Hmmm, Im hoping to have some turkey with vegetables, a little mash.....sadly no roasties (Iabsolutely love em!) stuffing and gravy.....I make the trifle but I dont think Ill be having any as I know what goes in it :eek: But I will have a little something for dessert, maybe a muller rice, I enjoy then :D Ill be having turkey for snacks, and babybell cheese instead of sweets and a few packets of mini ryvitas when I feel deprived :D Not too bad atall I reckon :D XX

Jacqui, Carol Ball has a festive xmas trifle recipe on her page :) xx

i am thinking a little of everything!! i manage a roast quite well on a sunday (1 slice of meat, 1 small roast pot & veg) so i think if i stick to a small amount i should be ok, as for pudding not thought that far ahead, i may run away at that point!!!!

Turkey, gammon, roast potato, parsnip and carrot, pigs in blanket, veg, yorkshire (none for me), stuffing and lashings of gravy. Am going to do a low fat trifle and will enjoy all of it x

Turkey, gammon, roast potato, parsnip and carrot, pigs in blanket, veg, yorkshire (none for me), stuffing and lashings of gravy. Am going to do a low fat trifle and will enjoy all of it x

Sounds mint! And I will be having a yorkshire! Haha x

As I'm still waiting for the yay/nay re. my WLS, I'm going out for Christmas lunch and will be having soup, turkey, roast and mash potatoes, pigs in blankets and a Yorkshire pudding, followed (I think) by either fudge cake or Apple pie.
It'll hopefully be my last 'big' supper.

Ham infused with crabbies & tangerine, hot potato salad & brussel sprout gratin for Christmas day... then the traditional Turkey on Boxing day.

Last Christmas I was 6 weeks post-op so it was rather restrained. This year I'm celebrating with my prospective in-laws so it will be a little of everything. I'm sure there will be Yorkshires and when I'm chomping on them I will be thinking of Bev! ;) xx

Were avin a full 3 couse meal hmmmmmmmm! Cnt wait!
My mum an me are cooking for 13 ppl this year at my house starting with traditional prawn cocktail then moving onto a mixed dinner, mum got a massive piece of pork with plenty of crackling and I'm cooking a turkey and we've baught a 28 day special beef from asda, pigs in blankets yorkies, veg stuffing hmmmmmmmm I'm hungry thinking about it then we've got a choice of deserts to choose from..... I'll probs av a bit of each lol I don't like missing much me. Lol
I'll pass on the Xmas pudding and mince pies tho bcos they are disgusting, bring on the chic cheese cake and trifle hmmmmmmmm
A few glasses of wine some crackers and s festive film to relax our full bellys too while grandad is snooring away and that'll b us I recon.
I wonder what Santa is fetching me this year????????

Awww John... I can't make another Yorkshire Pudding without thinking of your proposal!

Also cannot wait to see you both and the ring.

Love to everyone xxx

Back