• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

THE MILK DIET OVER CHRISTMAS!!

Wow that must make it worth it with the milk.....I have just been to Asda to get my christmas shop and previously anything I spied would of gone into my trolley but for once its all really healthy stuff and not too much either as some little goes a long way now. Obviously bought stuff for my son but luckily we dont like the same things so not remotely tempted by his....xx

You have done so well ,i bet you and your family are very proud of you ,and i think your husband is being lovely it makes it so much easier if those that are around you help:)

and your right such a restrictive diet is good as no choice really ,and 10lbs is a great start xx

Well done Charlie
:D:D

Grom what will be even stranger is shopping pre op for post op. Have you been given a sheet telling you what you can have post op. Remember to get some gripe water in and also some benifiber.
I was on fluids for 2 weeks post op and some of my friends arrived the night befor with soups they had made me frozen in ice cube size portions. I also found innocent for kids smoothies really good along with bovril, oveltien and horlicks light, sugar free jellys, walls low fat ice cream, cup a soup, low fat yogurt(watch out for sugar content though) milk and coffee.
Personally i would say the more prepared you are the easier it is. After my first few days when cooking for my son any leftovers etc i pureed again in ice cube portions ready for the next stage
HTH
carole

Thanks for benefibre tip - got some already - what clever stuff!!!

cant take the credit it was shel that pointed me in that direction although i had used it in the past.
I liked the milk diet for exactly the same reason as you no choise made life so much easier.

Grom you're doing sooo well hun, wish I had the milk diet to do, instead of bovril:eek::eek::eek:

Grom you're doing sooo well hun, wish I had the milk diet to do, instead of bovril:eek::eek::eek:
The bovril thing sounds really weird - not exactly known for its nutritional content and full of salt too!

The bovril thing sounds really weird - not exactly known for its nutritional content and full of salt too!
It's even more weird when you're a veggie like moi;);)I'll have a chat to the nurse nearer the time tho.Are you nervous yet hun?:p

It's even more weird when you're a veggie like moi;);)I'll have a chat to the nurse nearer the time tho.Are you nervous yet hun?:p

To be honest, no I'm not. I think I will only get worried when I go down to theatre! Am just excited at the moment!

To be honest, no I'm not. I think I will only get worried when I go down to theatre! Am just excited at the moment!
Aww good.I'm excited for ya, and make sure you keep us all updated wiv your progress:D:D

Four days to go - hoping for a stone off by then!
It feels really weird to be LOSING weight at this time of year instead of the 'sod it syndrome' and eating everything in sight!
We went for a wander around the Christmas markets in Manchester last night and hubby bought me a fab Russian doll as I have always wanted one. It's one of those that opens to reveal another and another and this one has TEN in total (the last one is minute!) so she will be my symbol for losing weight - a new me revealed every ten pounds lost!

:sign0151:

We went for a wander around the Christmas markets in Manchester last night and hubby bought me a fab Russian doll as I have always wanted one. It's one of those that opens to reveal another and another and this one has TEN in total (the last one is minute!) so she will be my symbol for losing weight - a new me revealed every ten pounds lost!

what an absolutely brilliant idea Grom.

what an absolutely brilliant idea Grom.

Thanks! I am going to have some pics taken the day before surgery so will make sure she is on them. She is gorgeous! Any ideas for a name? Hey maybe I should start a new thread!

:47:

Four days to go - hoping for a stone off by then!
It feels really weird to be LOSING weight at this time of year instead of the 'sod it syndrome' and eating everything in sight!

ohh that's lovely ,i used to have one as a kid well it was santa's actually lol

Yeva, means 'life giving' or 'new life' in Russian.

Nice one thanks! I was thinking of Veronika which means 'bringing victory'
H
x

That sounds like a winner, see how I did that?? Victory=winner, I made a funny, okay so it is only mildly funny:p:p:p:p

Back