• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

THE MILK DIET OVER CHRISTMAS!!

Fab news Candie - tell me more!!

Milk diet still going well. I even went out to lunch and had a coffee while my mate tucked into burger and chips. He is the only other person I have told apart from my brother and so he knew why I wasn't eating a huge burger (and nicking half his chips too!)

My op is a week tomorrow, so I still have a week to go but so far it hasn't been as bad as expected. It's amazing how much time you save when you're not shopping, cooking and eating!!

Also jumped on the scales today as my clothes felt looser and I have lost 9 pounds!! An added bonus!!

Just off for my choccy slimfast tea! Does anyone know if they still make slimfast soup? Can't get them anywhere. :(

Hi Grom so pleased you are managing ok, you sound very happy and positive chick and the time will fly by, I only had three days notice and it went in seconds....xx

Thanks Charlie! I'm still in a bit of a dream as I still don't REALLY believe that I will be posting on here in a few months time and reporting big weight losses. Like many people on here I have been big all my life and 'failed' at so many weight loss attempts, it's hard to take in!
Hubby said today that we would have to start putting away some money every month for my new clothes fund - I had never even thought about that! My clothes will get too big for me!!

Ohhh yea new clothes, let's start saving up:D:D:D:D

Grom what will be even stranger is shopping pre op for post op. Have you been given a sheet telling you what you can have post op. Remember to get some gripe water in and also some benifiber.
I was on fluids for 2 weeks post op and some of my friends arrived the night befor with soups they had made me frozen in ice cube size portions. I also found innocent for kids smoothies really good along with bovril, oveltien and horlicks light, sugar free jellys, walls low fat ice cream, cup a soup, low fat yogurt(watch out for sugar content though) milk and coffee.
Personally i would say the more prepared you are the easier it is. After my first few days when cooking for my son any leftovers etc i pureed again in ice cube portions ready for the next stage
HTH
carole

Thanks Carole! I have been given the info but to tell you the truth I hadn't thought that far ahead! (I have bought a whizzy mini food processor tho - it's so cute!!)
I think I might do some food shopping today to make sure I have stuff in for when I get back, your list will come in very handy!

Hey what a nice hubby to think like that and what a good idea, just imagine doing one massive shop when your much slimmer and the pleasure you will have...I vowed not to buy anything new until I had lost another few stone as I have plenty of good stuff I grew out of...I might start saving and when I get to goal have a big splurge....something extra to look forward to and of course a necessity...lol..xx

Just read your thread from the start....didn't want to be be rude and just "read and run" so wanted to wish you all the best for your op. Have a lovely quiet Christmas (think how relaxed it'll be without all that cooking ;)), keep going with the milk and hopefully it'll be a nice day and you can get out and have a lovely walk together!

xx

Just read your thread from the start....didn't want to be be rude and just "read and run" so wanted to wish you all the best for your op. Have a lovely quiet Christmas (think how relaxed it'll be without all that cooking ;)), keep going with the milk and hopefully it'll be a nice day and you can get out and have a lovely walk together!

xx
Aw thanks Cate that's very kind! It is so relaxing not having to think about shopping cooking and eating - I have loads more time! Hubby is just sorting his own food so that's great.
We have a coupld of dogs so a big walk is definitely in order for Christmas day!
XX

Hey what a nice hubby to think like that and what a good idea, just imagine doing one massive shop when your much slimmer and the pleasure you will have...I vowed not to buy anything new until I had lost another few stone as I have plenty of good stuff I grew out of...I might start saving and when I get to goal have a big splurge....something extra to look forward to and of course a necessity...lol..xx
I know Charlie - he is very supportive! Like you I have lots of stuff that will still be good for a couple of stones (as I'm busting out of it now) so I am really tryinh hard not to buy anything new.

ONE WEEK TODAY!!!

:talk017::talk017:

Hi Grom
Just think, the money you save on food you can put towards a new wardrobe;)I'm startin saving already:D:D

how are you doing so far x
Hi Honey
it's going surprisingly well! Have had to decline a few social events as I don't really want to tell people just yet but apart from that it's much easier than expected. Hubby has been great sorting out his own food so I don't have to worry about cooking/shopping. He also isn't bothered about a Christmas dinner so I have just cancelled my Tesco order!!

In a way it's easier than a low cal diet as you don't have to make any choices and I think it's also a good preparation for the post op regime. After today, only five more days to get through!

I made myself some lovely soups last night and liquidised them and froze them ready for post op!

xxx

ps
forgot the most important thing - have already lost ten pounds!!

WOO HOO !!! That's fab :clap:
Thanks Cate!

My brother was pulling my leg yesterday (he is one of two people who know) and he said if I just did the milk diet and the post op diet I would lose a load of weight so why not cut out the middle man and not have the op! :8855:

He is overweight too so he was only joking - he is very supportive -and jealous that i will be slim soon!

Maybe he should try it himself.....you could compare weight loss notes :8855:

No, too much calcium can be as bad as not enough, did you know that? My dad is on tablets forever to counteract the excess calcium in his body....

Whereabouts in lovely Lancs are you?

Maybe he should try it himself.....you could compare weight loss notes :8855:

No, too much calcium can be as bad as not enough, did you know that? My dad is on tablets forever to counteract the excess calcium in his body....

Whereabouts in lovely Lancs are you?

Lol he couldn't do it! He is a doctor and travels all over the world and has to entertain a lot so he finds it really hard. He explained why they use the milk diet - all about glycogen and your liver n stuff!

I'm a Manc by birth but live in lovely Haslingden - which apparently means the valley of the Hazels - and guess what my name is??? Oh and did I mention it's also the home of HOLLANDS PIES?????????????????
:eatdrink051:

Back