• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

CHRISTMAS!!

Yep roast turkey for us and all the trimmings. Will only have 1 spud whereas other years usually about 6 with my dinner and then I manage to eat a whole bowl of cold ones. I think my daughter and he husband (whos house we will be at) are going to find it strange with me this year.

My hubbie takes the legs off the turkey, before cooking, de-bones them and stuffs them with sausage meat and stuffing, rolls them up and ties them with string and we then roast them. They are delicious and instead over everyone fighting for the white meat they fight for the legs done in this way.

My favourite is the sprouts ----- just luv em, can do without any puddings too.

Roast turkey, roast beef, mashed potato, roast (I may manage half a one!), sprouts, red cabbage, asparagus tips, pigs in blankets (maybe one bite!), stuffing. Mine will be very tiny but a bite of everything for the taste.
Then a sugar free Christmas pud...its an experiment so we shall see how I go on with it....but I'm also making a sugar-free trifle so that will be safe.

We've got all the usual festive fare in for the rest of the family, but I shan't be touching chocolate, pastry, gateaux etc. I can nibble on cheese, prawns, cold turkey and beef, nuts and pickles.
LOL that sounds like a huge list but in reality, it will be Polly pouch dictating what I eat!

In any case I've managed to come up with enough 'safe' alternatives to ensure I don't feel at all deprived. :)

All the dinners sound fab - I really love Christmas dinner, and this year there is 17 of us...18 next year with Elsie haha! I will be taking it slow and steady this year...I seem to remember scarfing it all down last year and making myself ill...so I will take ages to eat it - but eat it I will...even if I have to take it home with me! Haha ;)

Back