• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Clothes For Big Girls (and guys too)

i agree, some larger people don't dress flatteringly at all, hate to see blokes with their jeans/trousers under their bellys with a shirt or whatever tucked in, and also hate to see women who 'pour' themselves into items that are way too small, much prefer to see in nice fitting clothes, smart but casula, and that goes for men and women too...but of course catering for the larger person has never been easy, people on average are bigger, but the fashion houses still insist on all these tiny sizes....although i'm at my biggest right now, i, for some unknown reason, have kept my clothes from when i was 13 stone lighter than i am now, and also from when i was 'growing' back up again, so don't have to buy too much for when i lose weight, but it is an expensive hobby is losing weight, much the same as gaining weight in fact lol!! :)

Its one of the fun things about dropping weight, suddenly your fitting back into things you were wearing ten years ago, that favourite shirt or trousers, but suddenly they are far to big and you'll then have the fun and pleasure of high street clothes shopping, and dont underestimate the power of being able to walk into any shop (designer or otherwise) and buy something of the peg. :D

Wow, I didnt know Next do bigger sizes!! Thought they would only go up to an 18. I hate Evans!!! Its expensive cheap clothing that's usually badly cut. I dont understand why they do teeny tiny cap sleaves in tops of say 26/28/30 - it baffles me. Also why do they always have to make tops and jackets that are really short? Lots of things just come down to the waist which is no good for hiding a tummy. Sorry to rant but as much as I hate Evans I hate more that I have to shop there!! I go to the US a lot for work and they have better choice, there's a chain called Lane Bryant www.lanebryant.com also their department stores have Ralph Lauren and other brands up to a 3X (size 24ish) I try to get bits out there if I can.

Back