• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Coccyx pain

tealovingsleever

Does anyone suffer with coccyx pain? I spent the day at Wimbledon yesterday, queuing from 5.45am to 11.30 mainly sat down and then sat on Henman hill until 6 ish. I was in agony. Sitting and standing really hurt!!

I've had coccyx pain on and off for years but I was hoping it would go away as I lost weight. 9 stone down and it's not made a jot of difference.

Would love to hear from any other sufferers and what you've done.

I've seen a chiropractor which helps for a bit but its back with a vengeance :(

I suffer chronic back pain and broke my coccyx 16 yrs ago after falling down our concrete stairs :eek:. Although I am only halfway in my loss I am so disappointed that I have had no relief from the pain in this area. In fact it's worse. Its not putting me off though as benefits are being felt elsewhere :) xx

No it doesn't put me off either but it's so disheartening!

Your fall sounds painful.

I have a vague recollection of sitting down too hard on a chair a long time ago but that's all. Drives me nuts!

No it doesn't put me off either but it's so disheartening!

Your fall sounds painful.

I have a vague recollection of sitting down too hard on a chair a long time ago but that's all. Drives me nuts!
More embarrassing at first as I fell down them 6am in the morning right in front of our hunky neighbour (dont worry hubby was there too lol) and I literally bounced down the stair one after the other on my backside :eek:. Once he and hubby saw I was "okay" and mr hunk got out of sight I howled like a baby for five minutes drove to work, got there and realised ouch I have really really hurt myself ... So next stop a&e and off work for a month lol

I know your pain and have suffered since I was a 7 stone teenager so I do not think weight has that much to do with it. and yes It does flare up.
Good luck xx

I really want to talk to my gp about it but because it flares up and then goes away I'm never sure it's worth it! Have you tried physio ladies?

Sorry did not mean to scare you just meant that the pain should become less as you are carrying less weight but I think you can still have flare ups
***SORRY****

You didn't really. The fact I have had it for years should have told me its not going to go away. I just get embarrassed that sitting down is so painful. People must think I'm mad!

I think if the damage is done its done. My spine is crumbling and losing weight isnt going to stick it back together again so therefore its still going to be painful. The fact that I am losing weight can only help take the pressure off and hopefully make flare ups less commonplace. Have had lots of physio and to be honest its not been helpful but you may be different hun. i have done a pain managment group which helped me do exactly that .. manage it. x

Yes I'm sure you're right it's just annoying isn't it. Do you take anti-inflammatorys? I've avoided them since the op. I took one
Paracetamol last night and that dulled it enough that I could sleep.

Yes I'm sure you're right it's just annoying isn't it. Do you take anti-inflammatorys? I've avoided them since the op. I took one
Paracetamol last night and that dulled it enough that I could sleep.

Not allowed them hun as they are an asthma trigger for me:( Cant take them just now anyway because i have the balloon in. I'm on Tramadol but to be honest i avoid them like the plague. Too many issues with them and i have enough of those without adding any more. I will though if the pain is off the scale :rolleyes:

I'm asthmatic but have no probs with anti inflammatorys. I don't think we are supposed to take them post op though.

I know I'm struggling to find a good painkiller whilst i have the balloon in. Even steroids are a no no but due to a bad asthma bout a few months ago there was a bit of discussion between my bariatric team and GP and I was finally given the go ahead as long as I doubled up on the lansoparole. Not sure what will happen once I'm bypassed. Fun times ahead I suspect

Back