• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Coccyx Pain After Surgery :(

purplepansyem

Crazy Cat Lady ;)
I've lost my bum! It's disappeared with the weight loss and now my backside kills me after sitting for a while on the sofa (pain and numbness).

I'm assuming it's my coccyx and wondered if anyone else has/had this problem and if so, did you find a solution?

Llora

I do!

I wake up every night from the pain and numbness if i sleep on my back.. The pain can be so sharp if i 'land' on the wrong spot when sitting down or turning around in bed.. To start with i was thinking i am just being crazy and its because i've lost my padding... Now i start to think its really not normal... Ashamed to go to see my gp about it though....

siana58

Coccodynia is a very painful condition that may result from the circus being under the stress of excess weight long term, and the you lose the padding.....responds to anti inflammatory drugs and treatment from a physio like preferential. Deer the GO!

Jamast

You need a coccyx cushion. My coccyx does adjust as it gets used to each bit of rapid bum shrinkage. Also, I find that it's only when Sat on soft, unsupportable things for too long, that it's worse. I could sit on an unpadded dining chair all day, but only for a couple of hours on the living room sofa (just long enough for a movie) lol. My dining room sofa is a no-no, unless I use my coccyx cushion.

Last edited:

SleeveGirl

I have this problem too!! Thank goodness it's not just me :)

purplepansyem

Crazy Cat Lady ;)
I do!

I wake up every night from the pain and numbness if i sleep on my back.. The pain can be so sharp if i 'land' on the wrong spot when sitting down or turning around in bed.. To start with i was thinking i am just being crazy and its because i've lost my padding... Now i start to think its really not normal... Ashamed to go to see my gp about it though....

Why are you ashamed to go and see your GP Llora? You have nothing to be ashamed of honey! Don't suffer in silence x

purplepansyem

Crazy Cat Lady ;)
You need a coccyx cushion. Mine does adjust as it gets used to each bit of rapid bum shrinkage. Also, I find that it's only when Sat on soft, unsupportable things for too long, that it's worse. I could sit on an unpacked dining chair all day, but only for a couple of hours on the living room sofa (just long enough for a movie) lol. My dining room sofa is a no-no, unless I use my coccyx cushion.

I've been looking at the cushions and it's also my soft sofa that hurts the most!

Matra

I had this as well. It's was like a big painful lump in my bottom every time I sat down (esp on soft furnishings) I even had to get my husband to feel it to reassure me it was my coccyx and not somthing untoward!!
It took a couple of months to 'toughen' it up but I don't feel it at all now!

chrisa

Yeah I suffered for a long while my gp never gave me an answer at all basically ignored it. Pain could be excruciating after sitting on sofa as above xx