• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Coffee Makers.

Mrs Quiggle

Can anyone recommend a good coffee maker for me. I love lattes and since it means I'm drinking plenty of semi skimmed milk with protein and calcium can't see it's a problem and my dietician said it's fine.

There are so many on the market but it's hard buying one that you can't test first isn't it. I'm having money for Christmas and will have about £150 in total so hoping that with the sales I might get something that makes a successful latte/cappuccino. I love Cafe Nero because they do a coffee with one shot instead of 2 and I like it weak and milky.

Has anyone got one they can suggest please.

Kate x

Fab pressie :) I love my Nespresso machine - although was disappointed George Clooney didn't come with it ;) I only bought the standard machine as I'm not a cappuccino lover but heat milk every morning in my microwave for my 2 shot latte and use it for standard Americano style coffee during the day. You can buy one with a milk frother though. Sorry I don't know price as I've had it a couple of years - it gets used every day so was a great buy. Also like the fact there are about 15 different coffee styles from mild to espresso strength so you never get bored of drinking the same coffee until the pack runs out. Happy choosing!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

The nespresso machines are about the best around. I'm desperate to buy one myself. The dolce gusto ones are also very good, and they make all the drinks you've said you like. Plus some of the dolche gusto machines are almost half price in argos at the moment.

+1 for the Nespresso. I bought a "Nespresso Latisima plus" a few months ago and it's one of the best things I've ever bought. They're not cheap (£220) but the coffee is wonderful. Once you've set it up you put the milk jug on the stand put a cup under the nozzle press the button for the size coffee you want and it does it all for you. Nice frothy milk and a perfectly measured espresso.

:coffee:

i work for currys and we do lavazza and tassimo ones that do well, take a peak on the website, (also jan sales soon hehe) x

Not sure if I want one that uses pods, would rather use ground coffee though I'm not anti pods if the results are good. What is the cleaning like for the Nespresso Latisima plus. Don't want to spend ages cleaning it all. Will probably drink a couple a day.

Kate x

+ another 1 for Nespresso, I've got the Citiz and milk (separate milk frother). The only downsides for me are having to order the pods (you can't go buy them at a shop, but they nearly always have free delivery and it's quick) and sometimes the milk frother needs a good scrub (but like once a week and I have at least two a day). I use it a lot!

+ another 1 for Nespresso, I've got the Citiz and milk (separate milk frother). The only downsides for me are having to order the pods (you can't go buy them at a shop, but they nearly always have free delivery and it's quick) and sometimes the milk frother needs a good scrub (but like once a week and I have at least two a day). I use it a lot!

I was thinking of buying the Citiz + milk. Do you have to warm the milk separately? Or does it do it for you?

I have the nespresso latisima machine as I love espresso coffee and it creates a great crema, but I buy capsules from eBay that you can fill with your own choice of ground coffee as I am not a massive fan of the majority of the nespresso pods. The machine does froth the milk, but if I am honest, the far cheaper aerocinno milk frother with a decent instant coffee makes just as good a tasting capuccino or latte as a fresh coffee maker, far less mess too :D

Nespresso the best. Very expenive & pods difficult to get hold of. Had a Lavazza & another can't remember name & not so good. Some of the large tires such as Selfridges have great Nespresso demonstration cares where you cn see them & Tate the different pods.
To be honest the easiest & nice lattes & cappuccinos are the packets I buy from M & S just add hot water & stir. Cheap by comparison .

Have you seen the Azero coffee? Or the milican? They are just powder but taste like good espresso. Cheap compared to a machine.

To be honest, when it comes to pulling a half decent shot of espresso and foaming some milk for a latte - similar to those sold at the major coffee chains - the cheapest entry level machine would be the Gaggia Classic. If you search a few shop-bots you may get it for under £200. The Rancillio Silva is another entry level machine that can be purchased for around £350. It's extremely well built and known to produce some great shots.

A bit more than your budget price but a great machine is the DeLonghi ESAM4200S Magnifica Bean to Cup Espresso Maker. I bought one earlier this year and simply love it to bits. Makes great fresh coffee as it grinds the beans as you need them, I love it

I think I'm going to invest in one today. Debenhams has a magimix with an aerocino for £99. I still have a £50 gift card, so I'll only have to put the rest to it.

When buying a machine you should factor in the price of the coffee pods. These work out more expensive than buying beans or even ground coffee over time, and although the machine is cheaper initially the more you drink the higher the total cost of ownership. Just a thought

Good point - those pods work out pretty expensive but no mess & very easy way to get a great cup of coffee. I'm sooooo lazy LOL

The bean to cup machines are fantastic. Mine broke last year and I just cannot afford to replace it at the moment...:cry:

Back