• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Coffee Makers.

£400 is relatively cheap for an espresso machine, as mr97 explained in his post above. There is a big difference between a coffee pod machine and a proper coffee machine. I'd love to have enough money to buy a decent espresso machine. But unless I win the lotto, it's not going to happen :-(

It is expensive, but also (personally) a bit scary how much my newly acquired latte habit is costing me from high street chains at £2.65 a cup!!

If only it wasn't an easy route to protein .......... Sigh!

Thank you for posting this, as it has helped my guilty self as I still have been beating myself up for being over extravagant when I bought the Delonghi bean to cup machine just over a month ago... Even though I did buy it as a 'joint' Christmas gift for my partner and I.

Anyway, one of the features of said coffee machine is a statistics option and one of the statistics it shows is how many coffees have been made with it. 5 weeks in and mine is happy to report that it has made 206 coffees and 101 cappuccino / lattes.

So simple sums says:

300 coffees from the high street at £2 a go (I know this is on the cheap side) - £600

But then to take into account other expenses:

- coffee beans (2 bags a week at circa £3 a bag) - £30

- milk (2 pints a week at circa £1.20 a bottle) - £6

So running costs (I know doesn't take into account electricity, but this is simple sums) is £36, so round that up to £40.

And saving costs is £600.

So net saving of £560 - which covers the cost of the machine.

So one month in, I'm now feeling guilt free from buying it...

And...

...In another couple of weeks I should feel okay about all the new cups & saucers, latte cups and expresso cups I bought too...

It is expensive, but also (personally) a bit scary how much my newly acquired latte habit is costing me from high street chains at £2.65 a cup!!

If only it wasn't an easy route to protein .......... Sigh!

LOL! Thank you for that x

And thank you Muttley1900 for posting the maths (my pet hate!) you have just convinced me that I don't want an expensive machine - I actually NEED one!

Back