• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Collapsed this morning

Utterly terrifying - I collapsed when having a shower this morning. My vision went and I fainted. Been to A&E and had every test under the sun, but they just said I fainted, for no apparent reason.They called it a vaso-vagel episode.

Has anyone else had this after surgery?

Utterly terrifying - I collapsed when having a shower this morning. My vision went and I fainted. Been to A&E and had every test under the sun, but they just said I fainted, for no apparent reason.They called it a vaso-vagel episode. Has anyone else had this after surgery?

I have never fainted.. But i had quiet a few episodes of dizzyness and blackness in my eyes, ringing in my ears and plenty of other similar symptoms that would result in me falling down or wobling around and then catching onto something ir someone to save myself from falling down.. Scary even without actually fainting.. So you must have been terrified..

You need to keep an eye on tjos. If it happens again go to your gp for more tests/advice..

Silly question, but did you have the shower too hot?

I've always been a bit of a fainter (much less now in old age though)a hot shower could have been a trigger and if your dates are right, you had your op 5 days ago! You're probably very weak. Rest up and try and get some nutritious fluids down. Milkshake or hot chocolate might be good. Take care.

Hey guys. The shower wasn't hot really, not more so than the previous day's. I feel OK now but it really scared me. I ended up spraining my ankle as I fell, and got a massive gash on my knee from the shower screen.

We've decided to not risk it again so going to have showers later in the day to make sure my blood pressure is settled.

Hey guys. The shower wasn't hot really, not more so than the previous day's. I feel OK now but it really scared me. I ended up spraining my ankle as I fell, and got a massive gash on my knee from the shower screen.

We've decided to not risk it again so going to have showers later in the day to make sure my blood pressure is settled.

Good idea! Caution is good

Monalisa - I was in for two days. Met Mr Li just before surgery but didn't see him after. The wounds are very neat. The Spire Manchester is a bit odd - the staff are hot and miss. But in general it was good X

Thanks glad you are ok did you stay over for two nts or just the one I'm suprised to hear the staff were hit and miss and thought ud see Mr li after as well x

In for two nights, but they did say it was up to me, I could leave after one night! I opted for two as my bloods weren't great and I was feeling a bit out of it. Also, all my going home plans were set for the Wednesday, not the Tuesday!

Slinky - I had a few dizzy spells in the first few days. I found that a hot milk fixed it.

Me too. I think mine wee due to eating suck small amounts. Things improved when I started to eat little and often. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back