• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Complete Waste of Time

Caroline101061

Just wasted two hours of my life at the hospital this morning for my first proper post op appt. Firstly they lost mine and most of the other patients notes then I found I was seeing a registrar not my surgeon. This idiot raced through my notes and then asked me about my eating habits which I explained to him and then asked me why I was only drinking water - 'because I dont like tea or coffee or juice' I replied. The numpty thought I was not eating and only drinking water to sustain me - whats the point in going if they dont listen or read. I told him my mood was low and that I was really tired and he glossed over that. I give up. Will wait until the end of Sept when I have my appt with the surgeon.

Moral of the story - dont bother with registrars - they dont know enough.

Oh dear Caroline, sorry you had a bit of a wasted morning! Did they weigh and measure you etc, are they happy with your progress - Im guessing they didnt.

You are doing really well though, hope your tiredness goes soon and you feel a bit brighter.

Maz x

Oh yeah - got weighed and measured although I havent grown for years - weigh myself every Monday anyway so no surprises. LOL - he said - you are losing weight - good! Such enthusiasm!

Oh yeah - got weighed and measured although I havent grown for years - weigh myself every Monday anyway so no surprises. LOL - he said - you are losing weight - good! Such enthusiasm!

Wow what an observent man - you can see why he went into the proffession. Lol at you havent grown for years :D

actually my height varies on which floor at the Whittington I get measured - Im 5ft 41/2 on third floor and 5ft 3 on fourth floor - third floor is optimum as my BMI registers lower but fourth floor is the truth - the nurses cant get their heads around that one!

actually my height varies on which floor at the Whittington I get measured - Im 5ft 41/2 on third floor and 5ft 3 on fourth floor - third floor is optimum as my BMI registers lower but fourth floor is the truth - the nurses cant get their heads around that one!

How strange! :eek:

Hi Caroline

Sorry you had an unproductive turn out at hospital...Can be really frustrating.
I had a real a***hole of a consultant once who left me waiting in the waiting room for 3 hours because he wanted all his patients to be seen by his registrars...(but I flt I should see him)...I told the nurse to let him know I was still waiting...she was worried about telling him...so I knocked on his door and asked how much longer he would be?...........I can assure you this did not go down very well...I got seen by him by our relationship was cold.

Hope all goes better when you see your surgeon next time.

(((Hugs)))

Back