• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Considering a sleeve abroad

Secret Surgery are now working in full partnership with Cosmetic Bliss. CB do the Bariatric surgery and SS do the cosmetic stuff. They each do referals to the other.

Arnica is a homeopathic medicine which helps with bruising and tissue regeneration. I swear by it and give it to my family and to my animals if they get injured. It is brillaint stuff. You can get it in tablet form from any pharmacy.

Secret Surgery are now working in full partnership with Cosmetic Bliss. CB do the Bariatric surgery and SS do the cosmetic stuff. They each do referals to the other.

Arnica is a homeopathic medicine which helps with bruising and tissue regeneration. I swear by it and give it to my family and to my animals if they get injured. It is brillaint stuff. You can get it in tablet form from any pharmacy.
yeah I had an email from secret surgery this morning confirming that. Thanks for the Arnica tip, i'll definately be getting some, good luck to you honey :) xxx

Hi Caren,

When I first started this journey I looked into everything and I've only seen good things written about CB on different forums etc. If I had to go abroad to get WLS this is where I'd go.

From what I've read their after care package is really good.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

(If my numbers come up I'll give you a shout xx)

Hi Caren

I'm having my sleeve next week with cosmetic bliss. I know there are cheaper ways to get it done abroad but after researching myself I felt more comfortable with CB. And has already been said Michael is lovely and very easy to talk to.

I've been on a low carb pre op diet taking omeprazole and milk thistle. I'm flying out on Monday having the op on Weds, then flying home (hopefully :)) on Saturday. Its only a short flight to the Czech Rep too.

I'll let you know how I get on x

Hi Caren

I'm having my sleeve next week with cosmetic bliss. I know there are cheaper ways to get it done abroad but after researching myself I felt more comfortable with CB. And has already been said Michael is lovely and very easy to talk to.

I've been on a low carb pre op diet taking omeprazole and milk thistle. I'm flying out on Monday having the op on Weds, then flying home (hopefully :)) on Saturday. Its only a short flight to the Czech Rep too.

I'll let you know how I get on x
hey Vanda, I think CB is definately who i will go with, good luck, I look forward to hearing how u get on, good luck :) xxx

hey Vanda, I think CB is definately who i will go with, good luck, I look forward to hearing how u get on, good luck :) xxx

I am so happy for you my little cockney bestie :D Don't forget to factor my flight into the costs, lol ... :eek: xxx

Thanks for starting this thread Caren.....I still have to see my doc this week but I think like you that I will end up looking for paying for surgery......that is if I can get (and afford to pay for!) a loan. The secret surgery stuff is very interesting, does it include any after care? I'm sure that having to struggle financially for a few years will be worth it in the long run!

Wow Caren, its all sounding good. I really hope you and your mum manage to get enough money together.

My mum helped me pay for my band, as she is no longer with us she will never know how grateful I am xx

Thanks for starting this thread Caren.....I still have to see my doc this week but I think like you that I will end up looking for paying for surgery......that is if I can get (and afford to pay for!) a loan. The secret surgery stuff is very interesting, does it include any after care? I'm sure that having to struggle financially for a few years will be worth it in the long run!
Hi Clairy, i'll be going with cosmetic bliss. Their after care is basically forever. It isnt however in this country. But, where in this country you are sent home the next day or the day after, they keep you in hospital for four days and will only allow you home if you are ok. The price includes any extra stay you may require in hospital. I'm satisfied with that, and also the fact that if you have to phone an ambulance here, you will not be turned away. If I could afford this country I would have a bypass, but will not risk any complications that might arise abroad. The sleeve is much less complicated, so I will have that :) xxx

Hi Caren
I'm so pleased things are beginning to move forward for you and I hope it's not to long before you're sorted. I can't help you with your choice of CB as I only know what I've read on here but anything you want to know about the sleeve I'm here. Ask anything (apart from girlie things that is).
I try to get on here at least twice a day but you can always PM me if you need a quick response.

Hi Caren
I'm so pleased things are beginning to move forward for you and I hope it's not to long before you're sorted. I can't help you with your choice of CB as I only know what I've read on here but anything you want to know about the sleeve I'm here. Ask anything (apart from girlie things that is).
I try to get on here at least twice a day but you can always PM me if you need a quick response.
Thanks Brian :) you might live to regret that ;) lol x

I'm so glad things are coming together for you Caren. Can't wait for you to be on the losers bench.

Kate xxx
Thanks Kate, things are look good at the moment :) xxx

Hey Caren
Do we need to start shuffling up the bench? This is brilliant news that you are making plans!!!

xxx

Hey Caren
Do we need to start shuffling up the bench? This is brilliant news that you are making plans!!!

xxx
not just yet mate, but fingers crossed it wont be long :D xxx

Please be careful if you go abroad. I did my research too, and didn't go with the cheapest, but I'm sure I went with the best. I went to Czech Republic with Cosmetic Bliss in June 2011. I couldn't have had better care or treatment. Absolutely everything is done for you, all you need to do is turn up at the airport. You stay in a beautiful hotel for a night, and then go to hospital the next day - where you will have so many checks to make sure you are healthy and that the op can be performed safely. I had blood and urine tests, chest xray, ultrasound check of abdomen (which showed up a kidney problem for another patient, and they suggested she see her GP for when she got home) She was still OK'd for her op, which was successful. We also had a gastroscopy under sedation, which I don't remember anything about! They couldn't have been more thorough in making sure we were healthy enough for the op. My op went like a breeze. No pain, no sickness, and home 3 days later, to be picked up from Stansted and off to see The Wizard of Oz at the Palladium! If you decide on India, then I hope all goes well, but it is not a country with a good reputation for surgery. The extra you pay can sometimes be the difference between successful surgery, and disaster that can affect the rest of your life. The £6500 I spent going with Cosmetic Bliss for a sleeve, was the best money I have ever spent. Good luck with whatever you choose xxx

Thanks Juney, im going with CB :) xxx

Thanks Juney, im going with CB :) xxx

That's great! I realised after posting that I had only read the first page, so have caught up now. That's the best decision you will ever make for yourself. All the best for your op, you are in the safest hands xxx

Back