• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Considering gastric band but scared

Thanks for encouragement. Have checked out a couple of providers but so far means having to fly to England for surgery as not available in N Ireland. Will I be fit to fly home day after surgery?

Hmmm hard to say, I'm not a medical professional. Once you choose a provider, they will advise you.

I was easily well enough to be driven home the next day after my surgery, but I'm not sure I would have been OK to fly.

Good luck with whatever you decide, just get as much info as you can.

Hiya, i travelled home the following day after surgery. I was driven home an hour and a half away which is quite a bit different to flying. But i was ok. I can understand your fears with regard to the anaesthetic i ahve a low blood pressure anyway, but after surgery it was even lower so they left me in bed for about 7 hours. But after this i was getting up to put the tv on, go to the loo, pop to see my husband etc.
I cant tell you its the best thing ive done as im only 4 days post op, but i know the changes im going to make for myself and my health are going to be brilliant.
You could take some of the advice of the other banded peeps and stay in a travelodge for a couple of days.

Hiya, i travelled home the following day after surgery. I was driven home an hour and a half away which is quite a bit different to flying. But i was ok. I can understand your fears with regard to the anaesthetic i ahve a low blood pressure anyway, but after surgery it was even lower so they left me in bed for about 7 hours. But after this i was getting up to put the tv on, go to the loo, pop to see my husband etc. I cant tell you its the best thing ive done as im only 4 days post op, but i know the changes im going to make for myself and my health are going to be brilliant. You could take some of the advice of the other banded peeps and stay in a travelodge for a couple of days.
I have now discovered I can have surgery in Belfast by company called Pheonix Healthcare in Ulster Independent Clinic or in Dublin at Aurelia Parkwest. Hoping to arrange consultation with both providers next week

Appointment made for next Tuesday. Then hopefully all set to agree date for surgery. Should I book pre or post Christmas. I think I should have surgery pre Christmas. What do others think?

It is what works for you. Personally when I was ready to book I wanted to get straight on it, bug it depends whether you want to be on liquids or mash only over Xmas? Or whether you are thinking it could be done early November and then you'd be well on your way.

:)

It is what works for you. Personally when I was ready to book I wanted to get straight on it, bug it depends whether you want to be on liquids or mash only over Xmas? Or whether you are thinking it could be done early November and then you'd be well on your way. :)
Yeah I would to get it done ASAP so that hopefully all will have settled by Christmas

I've had it less than three weeks, so I'm very much still getting used to it. It's not that noticeable so far, but that's because it's empty at the moment. It'll be a long learning curve until I've had a few fills and hopefully found the so-called 'sweet spot'.

I know once i ahd made the decision to have surgery i wanted it done asap, i was actually really gutted when i had to wait nearly 4 weeks lol. Having said that it gave me plenty of time to get my mind on it and be mentally ready! If you canc rack this over xmas you know you can do it anytime!

I know once i ahd made the decision to have surgery i wanted it done asap, i was actually really gutted when i had to wait nearly 4 weeks lol. Having said that it gave me plenty of time to get my mind on it and be mentally ready! If you canc rack this over xmas you know you can do it anytime!
I feel I want to have it ASAP. There's always next Christmas

I'm totally with you there Corgi, i'm so scared but know this is something I need to do...I've just completed the weight management program in my area and am now waiting to hear about my funding.
I don't post very often on here but am often on here reading about peoples experiences and have found it a great help...i wish you all the best and hope you make the decision which is right for you :0) x

I'm totally with you there Corgi, i'm so scared but know this is something I need to do...I've just completed the weight management program in my area and am now waiting to hear about my funding. I don't post very often on here but am often on here reading about peoples experiences and have found it a great help...i wish you all the best and hope you make the decision which is right for you :0) x
Thanks I'm going for a consultation on Tuesday to check out a clinic in Belfast. May also check out a clinic in dublin

Well went for my Consultation today. Hopefully now at start of journey to get my Band. Will get my date to meet surgeon tomorrow, hopefully soon as I would like Band soon

Got date to Meet my Surgeon today. Meet with him Wednesday 30/10/13 in the Ulster Independent Clinic Belfast. Anybody have surgery there?

Back