• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

constipation. sorry for being so graffic!

tammy

Post-op Gastric Bypass
Hi all, i have had very few problems but over the last few weeks i have had terrible constipation. went to see my GP today who advised i took fybrogel but on looking at it it is full of sugar and that so not sure i would manage it.

it's been that bad i now have piles which are bloody killing me (feels like it did after giving birth) have been given some treatment but it may be in need to have surgery now to sort it!!! great def no dignity left now!!!

can anyone give me any suggestions on how to ease the constipation to avoid any more problems! thanks guys and sorry for moaning or being a pain in the arse LOL x

Hi Tammy,

I couldn't stomach fibrogel, yucky stuff. When I get constipated I use senokot to get past the first stage, then double up my benefibre to 2 teaspoons a day to keep regular. Must say though, the only time I get constipated is when I stop taking the benefibre in the first place, so once you get unblocked it might be worth trying it daily.

Will pm you a tip for dealing with it at the time though.

thanls Shel, will be waiting at the chemist door first thing to get some. think i probably need to take every day to avoid other problems. cheers again x

I have been constipated over the last few days, did not take my benefibre before I started work as I just did not have time to drink it with being on earlies....boy did I know about it....drank some fresh orange and normally that does the trick but still nothing, had some oranges finally went but my stomach was stinging with the acid from the oranges and fresh orange...will ensure I dont get caught out like that again....xx

I do benefiber also so that is what I would recommend. Something that I just remembered from my days doing Atkins is that you can take extra Vit C which can help things along (it always worked for me), I think like 1000mg, so like 2-4 tablets. It can't hurt.

Hope you get relief soon.

I've tried the lot, even suppositories to get started! Fybogel is disgusting, doc prescribed Movicol - also disgusting!! And yes, having enough fluids! Nowt seems to work & it IS the bane of my life now!!

Just have to tell you what my elderly neighbour said to me today, she was given tablets which are on the large side and she said that she thought they might of given her subpeans (sp) when she really meant suppositories....I asked if she was going to the loo or to the law courts....mind you she did also think a TENS machine was a tena machine....bless...xx

Back