• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sorry to ask

mandyl

hi
sorry to ask this but i have horrible tummy ache ,not like where my stomach is but low down where you get period pain. im not sure if its that or constipation. im not going a great deal but went alot on saturday . ive got mirena coil so dont really get totm but do get pain sometimes. its getting me down and i dont want to start panicking. anyone have any ideas and what i can take to ease the pain. drs not till friday. thanks x

I.m no GP but it does sound like constipation to me.
Ive always felt that constipation does feel like strong period pains.

thanks lotsabeefy think prob is. now what can i take thats gentle. aarrgghh xx

Mandy!!!!!!!!! Yay, welcome home darling!

I have no idea but sounds like a bit of constipation which i can get when its that 'special' time of the month...

Will catch up with you soon on facebook i hope, so glad your back and hope the moggy is well too xxxx

Hi Mandy, I find Lactulose pretty good for constipation. Hope you get some help at the GP on Fri x

hi thanks hun
is it gentle do you know? otherwise ill panic.xx

Mady Lactalose is very gentle, u can get some from the chemist instead of waiting for ur app on Friday.
If u want to make sure its def ok for u to take just call ur bariatric team in the morning ask what u can take without prescription and get it from the chemist so u dont have to be in pain till Friday x

thanks roch so much.
had one lot in hospital and was ok kept putting it off but didnt make me sick so ill get some.xx

Hi Mandy, sorry you are in pain hun. If its period pain you should be fine to take paracetamol by now. If you are worried you could always break them in half to make them go down easier.

And if its the other - then lactulose is fine. Its very gentle and you wont get the urgency or the cramps that you can sometimes get with laxatives.

Hi Mandy,

I had a similar pain and it was constipation I spoke to my team and doctor and they both said to try Senna at night or movical. They are boh gentle and help you go. Also I have been advised nce you are on bulkier foods you wont become constipated as often.

Hope this helps

ive been told to steer clear of lactulose because of the sugar content and possiable dumping. i use benifiber from the chemist. but i would try paracetamol first just in case it is down to yr monthly cycle.
carole

My stomach has felt the same way this week and the nurse at my clinic said it sounded like constipation. She recommended Senna to help get things moving.

thanks all give the senna ago.

hi Mandy was told by St richards dont touch Lactulose as its too sweet and too severe was told to try senna or movecol.
Confusing i know but just telling what i was told. Hope it passes. Also dont expext to to number 2 as often as b4 coz u are eating lot less now.
Take care xx

thanks julie.
odd isnt it i had lactulose in hospital last friday didnt make me ill but didnt do much either. dont mind not going so much its the pain and then nothing. nevermind sure they will make their minds up at that hospital one day.xx

I guess it dwn to what you find easier taking at the end of the day Mandy:) I was told to use lactulose, which did help for the first few weeks, dont need it now as my diet is more solid. I never dumped with it but we are all different.

Also, I have a merina coil, but I have almost had totm since the op in October constant, this is the second time it has happened with this coil. The first merina I had I never had a totm in the 5 yrs then the new one got put in and its completely different.

Hope you get some relief soon, I have to say though Mandy, whilst it isnt nice having things wrong, it must be reassuring to you this time that the difficulties you are having at the moment most post oppers on here have experienced too. Its all part and parcel of the recovery process........In my book all good signs that things are heading in the right direction.

thanks hun
certainly does help. got some senna so will try that no pain today which is typical lol.
im lucky ive got you lot and im seing guy next week so ive not been left long. special case aparently,yeah a nut case. ha ha xx

thanks julie xx

Back