• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

constipation

joey80

Hi all i know it not a very nice subject but im after some advice, im not so much suffering constipation but, my poo is solid do ne of u know of nething i can take to soften it up, again sorry for the post lol xx:sigh:

I have upped my water intake and it helped enormously;)

I have read that some use watered down prune juice. And there are medications but give your team a ring to find out what would be best :)

Movicol, best thing going. If youre impacted then you can buy glycerine suppositories over the counter.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

suppositories aint they the ones tha go up the bum:cry:i jus been to shop and bought fresh orange so will try that and bought some mullgatawni soup, closest thing to a curry i can have haha, thanks for advice peps xx

Sorry sorry! I know it is a very unpleasant subject-but even MORE horrible when you are going through it.

I have suffered terribly from this-due to both the fact that water is difficult to get in-and the medication I take contributes to the issue as well.

If you are seriously constipated- then I highly suggest Movicol. Again-if this is a serious impaction-you will be miserable taking loads of juices or spicy foods. You won't be able to get in enough of any of these to 'help' things along.

Movicol is a powder you mix into your water. It does TWO wonderful things:

1. If SOFTENS that evil impaction
2. It causes enough 'bulk' for your body to start moving things again

It does NOT cause horrible cramping like laxatives and suppositories.

If this is a mild constipation-then by all means-try the suppositories and the juices.

If it is serious-get 8 packets of Movicol and mix it into a litre of fluid. Sip it until it's gone-you need to drink it within 4-6 hours I believe.

It does not taste great, but I find it is OK. I suppose because I know it will fix the horrible pain-so I can stand it. :)

Another trick I use-I mix my litre of Movicol up and I make myself a nice cup of tea or a warm drink I like. I will take some swigs of the Movicol and then quickly chase it with some nice tea.:D

I know-it is SO not glamorous! LOL! Who knew this would become so important to me!

Ah well-life eh?!

Let us know how you are!

xx

thanks for the advice, im gonna try juices first cause i not been drinking alot of orange if tha dont work i shall have a go, thanks again xx

Oh god, I had this terribly! Hadn't been for over a week and was feeling so awful. I couldn't get Lactulose so ended up getting Senokot and took a spoonful morning and evening for a couple of days - now I'm all working A-ok, though picked up some prune juice while I was out today just to make sure things keep running ;-)

Back