• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

CONSTIPATION

See GP, might need enema if it's been that long, then use benefibre a fibre supplement you add to drinks. Good luck!

I am taking dulcolax 2 times a day, i have never felt the pain i went thrugh and if it means taking it forever i will! it works great.

I have been prescribed some micro enemas so hope this helps . GP is talking about some pill if it doesn't. She said its common for the bowel to become lazy after abdominal surgery. After all bypass is a major op and can cause trauma to surround working parts !!

Have to say still struggling with chronic constipation . I have now been prescribed DULCOLAX , movical liquid, micro enemas . I do mot go naturally unless I have the dulcolax first its so horrid! But i find dulcolax the best and i have tried a lot of things. Xx

Oh heck...Im having no issues, going twice a week, great big dollops!! Im just over 4 months out now and eating about 700 cals which seems to be helping too, Im getting lots of baked beans in too!!
Hopefully things will improve for you overtime.

Have to say still struggling with chronic constipation . I have now been prescribed DULCOLAX , movical liquid, micro enemas . I do mot go naturally unless I have the dulcolax first its so horrid! But i find dulcolax the best and i have tried a lot of things. Xx

I find Ducolax works best too. Luckily I only have to take them once in a blue moon.

I'm 6 months post op tomorrow and found I started to go more naturally once I hit 4 months post op and my calorie intake slowly increased between 800-900 cals. I'm now having around 1,200 calories and no issues at all.

Hopefully it will start happening naturally for you once your calories increase. xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Oh heck...Im having no issues, going twice a week, great big dollops!! Im just over 4 months out now and eating about 700 cals which seems to be helping too, Im getting lots of baked beans in too!! Hopefully things will improve for you overtime.
Thank you Kar trying all natural things to like homemade juices beetroot low sugar prune juice! Trying beans too lol x

I find Ducolax works best too. Luckily I only have to take them once in a blue moon. I'm 6 months post op tomorrow and found I started to go more naturally once I hit 4 months post op and my calorie intake slowly increased between 800-900 cals. I'm now having around 1,200 calories and no issues at all. Hopefully it will start happening naturally for you once your calories increase. xx Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery
Thanks Hells i do hope so too! Although i feel like I'm eating that amount of calories 800 now! Hows your wls journey going! X

I take docusate 240 MG twice a day and i still get constipated! i just bought fiber one bars you think it will help? and how do you self evacuate?

I take docusate 240 MG twice a day and i still get constipated! i just bought fiber one bars you think it will help? and how do you self evacuate?
Hi smiles i have never heard of docusate may be its a family to dulcolax . They say the more fiber in the diet will help things moving.
I had not been since Friday i yried to up my fiber etc tried to go naturally no twinge of any thing happening and i was frightened of getting to that MEGGA CONSTIPATION. Stage hence i took two dulcolax last night again and very large soft results!
Smiles self evacuation (are you ready to hear this?????) is basically after sitting so long on loo the faeces drop down into the anal canel due to the anus stretching for so long and being so excruciatingly painful and hard to pass i firstly use a mini enema if i can I put a plastic glove on and try to remove as much as the impactatipn as possible manually! This is not pleasant and there may be bleeding its a last resort and stops the over stretching of the anus which can end ip with pills or a tear! Thats why after a few days i have to take the medication as this has happened to me twice and i was so in pain it took my breath away and i was crying!! The stools are like pieces of malteser rock all stuck together into a mass! Uts called faecal impaction which a doctor can do for you also! Sorry for the explanation but you wanted to know . PLEASE DO NOT GET TO THis STAGE ITS HELL!! X

I have heard of another way, never had to resort to either myself but ( only for the ladies) put a finger into the Vagina and press on the hard stool and push the matter down towards the anus entrance until the stool comes out. Apparently it's like pushing toothpaste out of a tube. I don't remember where or who told me this but in extreme cases it apparently works. But I would suggest that a good unsweetened orange juice or prune juice would be the better option plus drinking plenty of water as advised by your teams. Consterpation can cause confusion and other complications so best not to get to that state in the first place. Sorry I don't have any home remedies for the men folk of this forum (bet their glad about that)

It's not quite as easy as toothpaste lol...did try this when I was having to manually dig compacted poo out. It does work to a degree. Never had constipation in my life before but can suffer regularly now, if I don't go by the third day I now take lactulose. California prune juice is great

Oh Hun this happened to me after I was hospitalised and drugged up on opiates, with my pancreatitis and gall bladder removal. Worst pain of my life!

I literally had to use baby wipes and dig it out (yes it was minging). Take extra Ducolax if needed! At least it will get you moving (hopefully).

Hope you find done resolve soon! xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

The problem with using medication to move it, makes the bowel lazy and later on in life you will become dependant on laxatives be to get you moving. It's what happens in the elderly your better to try to do it with natural like orange juice, prune juice etc.

I find apple juice and a senna tablet before bed help get things moving! :)

I found that the reason for my constipation. Is not getting in enough fluids. Between meals we must keep sip sip sipping . I eat enough roughage veg and salad so i know its not that.
I tend to drink more when at gym as i feel i have to replace water as due to sweating but find I don't drink esp when at work etc. X

Back