• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

CONSTIPATION

Well today I have had the first dose of a runny tummy since my op....ah bliss I made this amazing soup and I will make sure I get another batch on 4 cup shredded white cabbage 2 cup onion 2 cup tomato (fresh chopped) 4 table spoons tomato purée 4 stock cubes (I used knor chicken) 8 cups water All American cup measures - like a large tea cup Boil for an hour - then whizz it up a bit with a Gand blender Yum yum it's moves the tum :)
Ih i live soup. Thanks will try it kursty wursty . Still struggling even with movical . I hope i really don't have this post op forcing with internal and external stitches not good. Thanks hun hows you ?? X

I have had that before as well. Trying to push so it is just pushing against the rectum wall then the next day having such pain in the rectum that I couldn't even push slightly because of it. Our poor bodies do go through it don't they! Debbie
Horrid Gladys horrid x

6 days constipated . Im nearly day7 post op. Cant go and have no feeling to go only to pass wind, but i know i meed to go! So worried im going to have that awful pain again when i go! What can i take after bypass?

I was given Lactulose. I was also told by GP that glycerin Suppositories where the best.

I was told by my bariatric nurse to take senna liquid. So i did. And was told never to wait longer than 4 days.

May be impacted now. I use lactulose but early days after surgery I had a lot of manual digging to get stuff out. It was truly gross. If I were you I would ask the doc for some supositorys ((sp))

May be impacted now. I use lactulose but early days after surgery I had a lot of manual digging to get stuff out. It was truly gross. If I were you I would ask the doc for some supositorys ((sp))
Hi kursty i have some tried one a few days ago =nothing. Going to try again in a bit im not sure if there us any think there! As just before op i was so nervous and spent a lot of time on loo. However not sure ! Thank you !

Just update im sure you want to know i have been a bit! And sorry if too much information it was like passing bricks and stones!! So hard !! I know there is more there but I'm going to leave it for today zapped my energy!! Good old glycerin suppositories!

Whoop! Whoop! Whoop! What a relief....just keep the fluid up...that's whe. I get bad. And the lactoluse works with the fluid in your bowel. That's how it is effective it grabs the fluid and the matter and gets the job done...

I've never been regular and I would say that even before the op when I are lauds I would only go once every four days, unlike my hubby who has two clear outs a day! When I go abroad I totally block up, think it's the water..but anyway..the best cute I found was to take 5 ducolax tablets before bed..Jesus once those bad boys took effect the world fell out of my backside! It was amazing! I'm not recommending this just passing on my cures! Since my sleeve I recon I might go every 5-6 days..but when you aren't eating much you can't expect to see much!
I was flushed out at the hospital day of the op..I was mortified by the whole thing ..I had no idea that was coming! Worked though!

Good luck everyone with their toilet adventures

I've never been regular and I would say that even before the op when I are lauds I would only go once every four days, unlike my hubby who has two clear outs a day! When I go abroad I totally block up, think it's the water..but anyway..the best cute I found was to take 5 ducolax tablets before bed..Jesus once those bad boys took effect the world fell out of my backside! It was amazing! I'm not recommending this just passing on my cures! Since my sleeve I recon I might go every 5-6 days..but when you aren't eating much you can't expect to see much! I was flushed out at the hospital day of the op..I was mortified by the whole thing ..I had no idea that was coming! Worked though! Good luck everyone with their toilet adventures
Ha ha did make me giggle at the funny bits you say although nit very funny experience! I don't know if i can yet take ducolax as i need to crush tabs .x

Benefibre is what to need, can buy it from supermarkets.....asda sells it. It's a powder and you add some to regular drinks. Works well. Try also increasing your fluid intake.

Constipation is getting beyond a joke drunk what i can.Had lactose , glycerin suppositories, movical can i crush and have dulcolax??? Im 10 post op g/ bypass ? ?? Actually got stomach ache now last went was Thursday second time since op!!! ( rolls eyes)

Constipation is getting beyond a joke drunk what i can.Had lactose , glycerin suppositories, movical can i crush and have dulcolax??? Im 10 post op g/ bypass ? ?? Actually got stomach ache now last went was Thursday second time since op!!! ( rolls eyes)

You and I need to join forces as we are at either end of the extreme. This constant worry that it'll fall out of me without notice is horrifying.

I'm not sure if it's my drugs or what I'm eating or even a bug but I can't keep up like this. I always had a cast iron constitution so is this payback?!

Aww iccam isn't it horrid! Have you spoke with your GP?? It could be a milk intolerance with you. May be with me i havnt enough fluids in side. I dont feel like i need to ho but i know its there and causing stomach ache now! Im sue in your case it isn't payback just one of those things! We are a pair aren't we! X

been bunged up is just horrible isn't it I never knew pain quite like that in my early days so far things seem to have sorted itself out so no more nightmares for me I hope

Back