• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Consultation with Mr Somers - Could not go through with it!

EmmaLouise81

:cry:
Oh how devestated am I!? I feel like such a fool and have hit rock bottom.

Firstly I feel guilty typing this as I had a chance to have a consultation with a fabulous surgeon and I could not do it.

I had my first holiday in 15 years about 3 weeks ago, I thought the Easyjet plane was small but I managed (with the help of medication, natural remedies etc) to get on the plane and go. Feeling so big in Nice made me realise how much I wanted the operation and was so excited about my consultation.

I have M.E and anxiety issues, just going to a local shop is huge for me so why I thought i could go to Chichester is beyond me!

So yesterday my mum and I headed to the airport and I got through security etc without too many issues but then started crying, some of my family who love me very much had expressed worries about the operation but I had put it to the back of my mind and ignored it.

I was only going for a consultation I told them.

I had a bad cold all last week, still chesty and I suffer with insomnia and was wrecked so I was an emotional wreck anyway ...then started crying in departures, begging my mum to go home.

She knows I try and back out of things so tries to talk me through it and I did make it on to the plane but it was tiny! So tiny, and freaked me out. So I had all my family opinions spinning around in my head and my heart was racing with the small space.

I just had a complete emotional breakdown.

I ended up having to leave the plane and in effect leave my dream behind.

Devestated to say the least.

Just could not do it and was fighting with myself. I managed to get myself on the plane but once the air hostess saud 'once the door shuts there is nothing we can do' I was off...not probably the best thing to say when someone is already feeling trapped with the door open!

Had to get my mum to ring St/Richards to cancel and the lady was lovely, I am paying the £150 consultation fee as I feel so guilty.

Just can't believe I was so near yet so far. I just knew even if I made the flight I would not put myself through it again if I got the go-ahead for the op.

Nobody does it here in N.Ireland so I have not hope, not sure what to do now as I am basically back to square one. Feel hopeless and like 'what is the point anymore?'

I have so much respect for anyone who leaves children behind and goes to England or Belgium to have the Op , I can't even leave for the consultation.

In a pretty bad place now, the thought of having a gastric band/bypass has been keeping me going and now....there is nothing. Just feel I have wasted another year, another chance and I am so angry with myself.

Just needed to 'talk' with you guys. So Sorry!

emma if you can get over here i will come with you. ive anxiety too and its horrible. i worried so much id upset guy slater when i was last in and he was lovely to me on friday .if u can get over I WILL HELP YOU.XXXXX xxxx xxxxx

What about coming over on the ferry and having a consultation at one of the local hospitals here in the North West? There is Spire Murrayfield here in Wirral that has a very good reputation, and no planes necessary as it is in between Liverpool and Holyhead so ferry/car would be simple.

aww emma darling i so feel for you x it will happen at some point you will find the strength , im a strong beliver in things happen for a reason and now just is not the right time for you, dont beat yourself up your deverstated enough as it is babe x x

Hi Emma
I`m so sorry to hear you are nervus of flying hun . As Shel said you could go on the boat hun the is always a way . I live in Derry and if I can help you in any way just get in touch . I dont know where you live but me and this other woman from Derry are going to the meeting in Belfast on Saturday do you go to the meetings ? You know your only on the plain for about half an hour . The woman is under Chichester as well . Good luck and take care hun .
Margaret xx

I wonder if you can get some sort of cbt to help you with anxieties etc., as it is possible if you can get some self-confidence etc you may be able to tackle bit steps such as surgery, if surgery is what will help. You may benefit from some psychological evaluation to see how you tackle things in general. Hope you don't mind me suggesting that.

Deffo consider Shels idea,ferry to Liverpool.You could stay with me and I would come with you to the consultation.Maz x

Emma I am so sorry you couldn't make your consultation. As Gaelic Girl suggested, you could try the ferry. If leaving terra firma is an issue have you thought about hypnosis or counselling to help you overcome your anxiety re flying/travelling?

Don't beat yourself up too much. You managed to get as far as boarding the plane. That in itself was an immense achievement and one you should recognise. May be with help you'll be able to finish the journey you have started. So many people on minis are willing to help you in various ways once you get here. Well done for boarding the plane.

Rebirth

i used to travel all the time on the belfast to birkenhead ferry, iys 8 hours but i used to get a cabin ( they only charge £20 for one and they fit 4 people) and sleep on the way or watch a movie. im not a good flyer, i cry my eyes out the whole time mumbling i want to get off so the ferry was a marvel for me, i went so frequantly the ferry and port staff knew me, lol they were good to us and so very helpful

Big hugs to you Emma. I really don't know what to say to you. You have had some great ideas though from the lovely mini peeps and even had the offer to stay with Maz. Good luck with your journey and hope you can manage to come over and see the consultant.Don't give up on your dream of the weight loss surgery.One way or another you will get here and there's plenty of folk willing to help youxxx

Thank you all, how kind you all are.

Going to try and forget about it all for a while, need to just have no thoughts spinning around! Then I will go back to the drawing board.

Maz and Mandy, you guys are amazing, really appreciated the offers and will keep them in mind.

Will still be looking around the forum, want to know how everything goes Mandy with the operation, no detail to be left out!!

Thank you all, how kind you all are.

Going to try and forget about it all for a while, need to just have no thoughts spinning around! Then I will go back to the drawing board.

Maz and Mandy, you guys are amazing, really appreciated the offers and will keep them in mind.

Will still be looking around the forum, want to know how everything goes Mandy with the operation, no detail to be left out!!
thanks darling your lovely too. i will give you every detail bore you all stupid. now how many times can you fit guy in one conversation:D. xxxx

Don't give up. It just wasn't the right time for you to go. If/when you decide you need to do it, you will! :D

Your story brought a tear to my eyes, so near and yet so far. I hope you get the strength to come and chase your dream. Have you thought (if you worry about leaving your children behind) of maybe making a small holiday of it with some activities (sightseeing) thrown in to take your mind of the big adventure?

I hope you find the strength and your dream comes true, don't waste too much more of your life hoping when you could be doing xxx

Hi,

Please dont give up. This is just a minor set back!!

The ferry over is really nice Id much rather do that than fly anyway and there's lots of options in the North West for surgery.

Dont feel guilty Im sure people cancel appointments all the time

xx

Back