• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cookbook

wobbles

I think it would be a good idea for someone to write a cookbook with recipes and meal ideas for people who are post op bypass and band patients.

I'm concerned about what i'm going to eat after the op, and am worried i'll do something wrong. I'd like to have a cookbook that i can take stuff from and plam out my daily meals so i am not sitting in front of the fridge wondering what to have, and ending up making bad decisions.

Does anyone else agree?

Hi Erin,

There are cookbooks you an buy for Band/Bypass meal ideas.
One is called Culinary Classics:Essentials of Cooking for the Gastric Bypass Patient

They are available on Amazon!
Love
Gina!

Cool, thanks Gina, will have a look now. I love Amazon. But bugger bum poo, someone has taken my idea and is earning millions that icould have been earning lol.

Yikes, it's 90 quid!

Theres another cheaper one called Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery: Over 140 Delicious Low-Fat, High-Protein Recipes to Enjoy in the Weeks, Months and Years after Surgery
for a 5er.

Is it? I'll try and find some others in UK for you! Anyway, you can still do your own book! Caaaaching!!!!!!!!

If you search my thread for books, you'll see I bought 2 of amazon and sent them straight back! They were both american and so half the ingredients were completely alien to me, and I really couldn't be doing with translating cups into english :D

Go back to old fashioned cooking from scratch is the best way, that way you know exactly whats in things and it's easy to substitute the bad stuff. I'll start putting some recipes on here if that would help.

Hi Shel, Can i ask what books you had bought?

I think it's a good idea to put a recipe section on this forum so that people can post their faves and add ones and stuff like that.

wow frosty, some great recipes there..thank you. SOme of them sound really nice.

What is Halibut Steaks and
Langoustines?

Back