• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lessons Learned

i have learnt that my body can survive on alot less food and no way did it need the huge portions i was making it live on, at 1st i thought i cant survive on these portions but hey i can and im not dead yet lol. ;)

liz x

great thread.

Cool - i had to wait a bit longer to get my appointment in Birmingham as its a very busy clinic. Are you nervous?

I allready feel like I have a restriction but I have no idea what size my band is or if I have anything in it!

Definately not nervous - very excited actually. I have a 10ml band fitted. I don't feel like I have any restriction to be honest, but know there is something there if I gulp down my food, as it quickly returns, so guess I must have some restriction.

great thread.

Thanks for the Rep point Sam, very much appreciated.

Really good thread Corey. I have learned the following:

1) WHAT I eat is important. Protein for example and not too many carbs. Never thought of it before.

2). Textures and tastes of food have become important to me. Before band I would wolf it down like a hungry dog.

3) Drinking cold fluids is really cool as when it goes through the hole from tiny tummy to big tummy it feels like water going downa plug hole -I never get bored of this.

4). I have learned to stop eating before I feel full, then a bit later my brain catches up and says I'm full.

5) I no longer crave sweet things. Not even (so far) when I have PMT.

6) I have learned to ask myself if I feel head hunger or body hunger, leave it 15 minutes and decide (or forget about it completely).

7) I am learning that food, while it tastes great (except protein drinks which I do not like very much) is a fuel for the body.

I am in early days but these are the things I have learned/am learning.

This thread is really helpful to us that have not had ours ops yet. I hope I remember everything I have read when it comes to my turn. I am finding being on here is a great way to stop me eating because I am busy typing. lol.

To eat quality not quantity and enjoy and savor every mouthful of food, make sure you taste it and feel satisfied not stuffed.

My journey has been a relatively easy one and I wonder how much of it is simply because I did as I was told. I did not run before I could walk - so to speak.

So here I am almost 7 months post op, over 6 stone lighter, 5 dress sizes smaller and eating everything I did before op, only in much smaller portions!

EAT SLOWLY AND CHEW, simple!

Back