• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

cost of private surgery

charlies~mummy

hi there having been refused funding on nhs im just trying to get a feel for the price of private funding as most web sites ask you to ring for quotes, hope you dont mind me asking and hope ive posted this in the right place
thanks kelly xx

Hi

Are you thinking of a band, sleeve or bypass.

Also, would you consider going abroad or would it be in this country. If in this country, what area are you in?

Personally, I don't know anything about costs but this is the sort of thing that will guide those that do know

xxx

The company I went with have their prices online.

WLS Group, they do ops here and in Belgium x

hi i had a bypass and the price of mine with my local nhs bariatric surgeon(i didnt want to go with someone i didnt know) at the nuffield at jesmond newcastle upon tyne was 10650 worth every penny as i have peace of mind xxx

sorry im in liverpool and im wanting a band would prefare to have it done here but wouldnt mind the likes of belgium if the price was right lol xx
thanks xx

Im in Liverpool and the hospital I had wls at does bypass for about £11k and band about £6.5k.Spire Murrayfields on the Wirral.

hi i privately funded, one thing to consider is BMI as the higher your BMI the more any of the ops cost.
I had my sleeve done at spire in edinburgh and would have paid twice what they charged.

Hi

I had a Bypass in London and chose a surgeon with an excellent reputation and a Private Hospital that had both a High Dependency Unit and an Intensive Care Unit. Cost with after care, Dietitian and Bariatric Nurse etc £8500.

Hi Kelly....im about to travel out in a couple of weeks to the Czech Republic with a company called cosmetic bliss...having a gastric sleeve. They cover cost of flight/hotel accomodation/hospital/care etc...check out their website..its a british couple who run it (who have both had surgery themselves) and you are accompanied right from the airport so you never feel alone. Several people recommended the company to me (cost is about £6490 for the sleeve). Def worth considering :)

i also went with cosmetic bliss for a sleeve, cant recommend them enough! Although i dont personally know anyone whos had a band with them, they do offer it :) Ive read that a few people have had a band with them and then have bought a 2 year aftercare package with providers in the UK.

Remember that with the band, the aftercare is very important! Fills and de-fills might have to be paid for! x

Hi, I'm going to Belgium on Monday for a band. I'm in northern Ireland. It's costing £3900 and they pay for 3 nights in hotel for 2 people and taxi fare from airport to hotel. The only thing is dr Chris de bruyne only takes cash. The company is called professional beauty. Hope this helps. Xx

hi i had my band with the hospital group in birmingham cost £6000, which included being picked up and driven home with 2 years of after care

with a BMI of about 63 at the time of my bypass i was told if i had gone private it would have cost about £12

Wow WLS in the UK is very expensive compared to Australia.

My band surgery in Sydney cost approx £3k as a private patient, with my health fund covering the rest. All of my fills and de-fills, pyschology, dietican, nutritionists and physiotheraphy sessions should be covered by private health cover and national medical scheme (Medicare) so any out of pocket expenses should be rather minor.

Back