• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Coughing

Sungirl

I'm 3 days post op and yesterday developed a terrible cough. It's been absolute agony on my wounds. I think it's due to the tube down my throat during surgery. I'm terrified I'm gonna do some damage. Has anyone got any suggestions? Ta x

sip water slowly or use a throat lozenge.

Another question if I may....Before I left hospital I had to have a shower and have spray (clear plaster like film) sprayed over my wounds, they said to just use water over wounds when showering. This film is coming off with every shower I have. I wasn't advised to use anything else, will the wounds get infected if I don't use anything? Should I put savlon on? Any other recommendations? Ta x

Sent from my HTC One X using WLSurgery

Sounds like spray on plaster to me and it will peel off in the shower. I wouldn't put anything on your wounds just keep them clean and dry :)

I had the same problem with coughing after surgery lasted a few days, my hospital advised huffing, which is trying to cough gently using deeper breaths which was difficult but seemed to help xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

For the cough holding a cushion or pillow tightly against your tummy should help also try bending slightly to relax your tummy when you do cough or sit down
HTH

As for the wounds clean and dry is the best my plastic surgeon recommended using Bio Oil after the first week

For the cough holding a cushion or pillow tightly against your tummy should help also try bending slightly to relax your tummy when you do cough or sit down
HTH

As for the wounds clean and dry is the best my plastic surgeon recommended using Bio Oil after the first week

Great idea re the pillow or cushion. Bio oil was too strong though and set off an allergic reaction ...:confused:

Cough seems a lot better today. All in all feeling quite good today. Day 5 post op, have actually left the house to take my son and his friend to the park. Haven't left the house since op. X

Sent from my HTC One X using WLSurgery

Back