• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Craving something sweet.

Paula Garner

Hi all,

I'm almost 4 weeks post op now and still on purée stage. Today I have been craving something sweet, like a pudding or something. I tried low fat custard, but it made me dump. Does anybody have any suggestions as to something sweet, but healthy that I could have please?

options with cold milk are lovely :) x

For me I satify my sweet yearnings by having a bit of mashed banana with granulated sweetener, works for me!!

I have a cadburys low fat chocolate mousse. they are 60 calories, 7.6 carbs, 1.9 gms Fat and 2.6gms of protein. They are only 55gm pots so very tiny, but just a taste of chocolate is enough for me if I ever feel the need..

Maphillips said:
I wonder if diabetic chocolate is allowed my sister in law eats it as she is a diabetic
I know low in sugar

Bought back memories this!
I was 4 weeks post op when I had 3 diabetic chocs(I thought I'd be ok)
Dumped big time!
Just be careful x

You could always try some sugar free sweets - to suck slowly, one at a time. Lowcarbmegastore is a very good source of sugar-free goodies BUT of course you have to take it easy in case you can't tolerate sugar alcohols (sorbitol, maltitol, etc.).

Even sugar free Polos might do the trick!

Back