• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sweet Cravings

Peterborough Guy

Luton and Dunstable
hello all,

Just lately I have had some cravings for sweet things.

I have tried fruit etc, but the cravings still enter my head.

I was wondering if I could have some jam or something, I think I have seen some diabetic jam somewhere, and I am wondering if I can have that on crackerbread or something?

Also if you have any other suggestions, I would love some ideas.

Sugar free jelly, muller lights, diabetic sweets. I'm scratching my head, but there must be loads of things that could fill that need. Maybe even a sweet tea, using sweetner. I'm sure there'll be a few replys to follow that'll top mine!! Ohh and coco with sweetner - If you have any!!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Gary, go careful with diabetic sweets etc, they contain a sweetner called sorbitol- too much and you get explosive diarrhea.lol

Sainsbury's sell sugar free marshmallows and they taste EXACTLY the same as normal ones, only 5 cal eaxh. I ate the whole bag on the way to a bbq at a friends, and had a terrible time on their loo, with people knocking on the door to see if I was ok, mortfying!

what about weight watchers sweets they sell them in club, savory i get cravings for so dreading that xx

There you go Gary, now you know at least 2 things NOT to have ... Glad I don't like marshmallow, lol x :wave_cry:

Anything eaten in large quantaties has probably got side affects, one occasionally when you're craving is probably okay!

Sweet recipes on Bariatric cookery? X

Sent from my HTC Desire using WLSurgery

Diabetic jam is fine. There are some great recipes in the section here for high protein low sugar treats like traybakes and gingerbread men, just remember limits as it is easy to start with 1 a week and find yourself at 4 a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Iv been craving sweets badly, so I bought a pack of rolo's and then when I crave something sweet I have 1 Rolo, I have one normally every other day.

I also love frozen grapes, they go like a boiled sweet but are just super yummy xxx

hello all,

Just lately I have had some cravings for sweet things.

I have tried fruit etc, but the cravings still enter my head.

I was wondering if I could have some jam or something, I think I have seen some diabetic jam somewhere, and I am wondering if I can have that on crackerbread or something?

Also if you have any other suggestions, I would love some ideas.

this is a gorgeous cheesecake PG that i made yesterday...it hits the spot..maybe you should try it x

Very low fat cheesecake...good for people who dump easily!

1 3/4 cups of fat free biscuits (i used low fat digestive biscuits) smashed into crumbs
1/4 cup of butter melted
16 ounces of very low fat cream cheese
1 cup of low fat or fat-free sour cream
8 ounces of low fat or fat-free ricotta
1 cup of canderal or other sweetener
3/4 cup of beaten egg
3 tsp of lemon juice

1. combine biscuit crumbs and butter in a bowl, then bake for 10 minutes
2. beat cream cheese, ricotta and sour cream...then add egg and sweetener
3. add lemon juice and stir thoroughly , then pour onto cooled crust and bake for 60-75 minutes until light golden brown on topa nd slightly jiggly in teh middle yet firm. Do not overbake
4. Allow to cool completely ... makes 16 portions...you can also garnish with berries of your choice

That sounds gorgeous!!!!!_

Sent from my HTC Desire using WLSurgery

I remember a slimming world one I made with my friend, it had no baking, il see if I can get the info on it as I loved it.

It's amazing how u can make low fat low sugar now we have to but wouldn't have even tried pre op xx

I went through the sweet cravings and fine a milky coffee with a touch of sugar does it.Im very wary of sugar free anything cos of the sorbitol.It goes through at a rate of knots!Also I have a crumpet or half a plain scone with a smear of strawberry conserve on and that satisfys me craving.Its all about what we can tolerate and moderation.It would of been a 2 cream cakes or half a pack of chocolate digestives a few months ago!
I feel much better for upping my carbs,in fact i wasnt eating any to talk of and thats not good for you.I know they say eat three meals and two snacks so I include carbs every time and the lightheadedness and blured eyes have gone!Maz x

Joey80, for savoury cravings try peanuts salted or dry roasted only a palmtop at a time satisfies my savoury craving but whilst high in fats (hence the small amount at a time) nuts are good for protein and I am told Brazil's are high in a vitamin/mineral that is good for your hair. Thanks to advice from others a few weeks back & the knowledgeable Shel about the Brazil's.

Back