• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Curious ?!

jou

Hi folks
Been reading a lot of threads, and there's something I don't understand..... Bit of a silly question, but I need to ask. Can you actually stretch your pouch after a bypass, I know some people have, but how? Also those who have talk about a 5 day test. Is that to confirm you've stretched it or does it help to make it smaller.... Can you make it smaller after? Sorry lots of question xxxx

I think you can stretch your pouch, you must in some way as a lot of us can eat more the further out we are...

The 5 day pouch test can help get the restriction back so it's said :) hth x

I had a good chat with my patient coordinator today about various bits and pieces. I have a band and she said that banders pouches can stretch over time (mine is done a slightly different way, apparently the size of a shallot!). So I can well imagine other methods stretching.

Hi folks
Been reading a lot of threads, and there's something I don't understand..... Bit of a silly question, but I need to ask. Can you actually stretch your pouch after a bypass, I know some people have, but how? Also those who have talk about a 5 day test. Is that to confirm you've stretched it or does it help to make it smaller.... Can you make it smaller after? Sorry lots of question xxxx

Thank you for asking the Million Dollar question. I think we are all told that everyone can stretch the pouch over time. But like you the 5 day pouch test has only ever confused me. OK, so you do the test and the outcome is that, Yes you have stretched it. But unless there is a way of shrinking the damn thing back down again, what is the point of actually knowing?
I wish there was a site that explained the pouch thing fully.

Back