• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So how do I get back on track?

daftmoo

Well i'm back starting a thread!! So after a week or so of letting myself have what I fancy but in far smaller portions how do i get back on the band wagon? I haven't weighed myself as you know me a gain would leave me down in the dumps for days. Can I go back on the milk only for a few days just to give myself a kick up the bum, or milk all day and just an evening meal or do the 5 day pouch test? I'd love to hear your thoughts

Hi Sue
Personally i would suggest just trying to stop, I considered the pouch test and understand why some people do it, but did we not go through all the pain of a bypass so we can try and have the same eating habbits as "normal" people.
Just give it a go x

Good luck xxx

Hello love, well from tomorrow I'm recording everything and will be here.. if it will help you to walk alongside me...

We are all feeling the same and it's a huge push, but we can do it...

p.s. Nadine...you are looking fantastic!

Love and hugs and we'll do it... xxx:wave_cry:

What is the 5 day pouch test? I have seen it mentioned in posts before.

People need to get this 'Milk Only' diet out of their heads in regards to losing weight! It's not to reduce weight, it's to shrink your liver. No more, no less. The weight loss is a bonus but is nothing to do with being put on it! Under 'normal' circumstances it would be classed as dangerous!

As for getting back on track, just look at some 'before' pics. That's enough for me!

Hi Sue
Personally i would suggest just trying to stop, I considered the pouch test and understand why some people do it, but did we not go through all the pain of a bypass so we can try and have the same eating habbits as "normal" people.
Just give it a go x

Great post couldn't agree more

As Mickie said the milk diet is designed to shrink your liver not a diet for losing weight. The pouch test is for people a year or so out who have fallen into poor eating habits and want to use the five days to break their current eating patterns. I've seen many people do it and very few have ever made a lasting difference with it for one simple reason....................its your head you need to change not your guts

I tried every kind of fad diet and guess what? they all failed, because the common denominator was me. I broke that pattern with WLS and now my diet is one on healthy eating and will be for life.

You need to do as the others have said, evaluate what you've eaten recently and simply cut out the crap. Plan your meals in advance and prepare them in advance too, that way you're less likely to stray. Get the crap out of the house and don't buy it

Good luck with it

i've had an 'endulgent Xmas'...i know i've put on a few pounds, but ain't gonna beat myself up over it, as already said, post bypass, we're meant to eat 'normally', so a few extra pounds at xmas ain't gonna kill ya!! but having said that, i'm gonna also get a little book, and make it a habit of writing down eveything that goes in thro my pie hole...thus giving me a point of reference...i'm gonna have a bit of a detox week to 10 days by just having protein shakes and maybe just protein, ie chicken, fish etc, no starchy carbs at all, maybe a bit of fruit now and again, i'm being severe with myself cos i have my hernia op on the 12th of this month

Sue, me and you sail in the same boat sweets. We've given into the usual xmas crap, i'm not surprised at all. I wish xmas had been two months post bypass and i wouldn't have faltered from the path to the holy land. However it wasn't and i gave into temptation. Now i have to try and do the hard thing, and it's not what Karlos says about not buying it in (although that will help), i need to learn to say NO to ME, not to everyone else that's easy. I need to refuse myself asking me if i fancy a treat, i need to offer myself a protein rich snack if i want to eat cos i'm hungry, not cos my jaw hasn't moved for an hour...

We are there for each other, me and you are definitely going to bit this head malarky! Tomorrow's diary is going to be a good one for both of us xxx

I'm with ya too.
So so hard to break the bad habits that I have got into over xmas.
We will get there together x

Back