• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WINE AND SHOES.................

belbouteloup

HI FOLKS

HOPE EVERYONE IS WELL. HAVE APPT WITH MY SURGEON TOMORROW TO GET MY BYPASS OP DATE, GOSH I HOPE I DONT HAVE TO WAIT TO LONG.:confused:
I HAVE A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS IF YOU DONT MIND. FIRSTLY DID ANYONE HAVE TO BE CHECKED FOR MRSA, AS I HAVE BEEN TOLD I WILL NEED TO HAVE SOME TEST,BUT NEVER SEEN IT MENTIONED ON HERE.
SECONDLY CAN YOU STILL DRINK ALCOHOL AND DOES IT AFFECT YOU MORE THAN IT ORDINARILY WOULD ?
ALSO LASTLY A SILLY QUESTION BUT I HAVE SEEN SOME OF YOUR AMAZINGLY INSPIRATIONAL WEIGHT LOSSES AND WONDERERD IF YOUR SHOE SIZE GETS SMALLER TOO? (SAW A FAB PAIR TODAY BUT WERE NOT CHEAP AND MIGHT BE A WASTE TO BUY IF MY TROTTERS GET TOO SMALL !! :rolleyes:)
ANYWAY WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN MY DATE IS. THANKS FOR READING XXX

Hi hun just to let you know, i have dropped from a size eight in shoes to a size six,
as for drinking, i can manage a very small amount and feel very tipsy plus side of this is that you are a cheap date lol!

shoe size down from an 8 to 7.5 so far, can still drink yummy wine, and yep had mrsa swabs taken before the op. hth x

Hi

Yes MRSA checks, its nothing to worry about a swab of your crouch and inside of your nose, thats all.

I'm now 4 weeks post bypass and have lost 44lbs since the op and yes my shoes feel loser too.

Alcohol - not tried yet, though i've been told its effects may be quicker as you have no effective stomach to dilute it through, instead it drains straight into the upper GI tract !

Hi , yes i had to have MRSA test done i was told it was routine.

I manage alcohol fine as long as i stick to vodka and slimline tonic can no longer do wine, beer or cider.(not a bad thing really as it was one of the reasons for my weight gain). Do tend to find i feel tipsy more quickly than before.

My feet have got smaller previously had to buy wide fit shoes but can now get from most shops. I also gone from a 6 to a 5. (kids shoes here i come!!!!) x

Silversurfer, thats what my hubbie keeps saying. a few glasses and a starter if we eat out!!!! better than 20 pints and a starter, main and pudding along with a kebab on th way home! (was never really that bad honest!!!) x

Silversurfer, thats what my hubbie keeps saying. a few glasses and a starter if we eat out!!!! better than 20 pints and a starter, main and pudding along with a kebab on th way home! (was never really that bad honest!!!) x

Lol - maybe all guys should be on the look out for a bypasser girl friend, cheap to take out easy to buy cloths for, if it doesn't fit now it will in a few weeks :D

Richard

Lol - maybe all guys should be on the look out for a bypasser girl friend, cheap to take out easy to buy cloths for, if it doesn't fit now it will in a few weeks :D

Richard

Dont think Im cheap to keep! my credit card has yet to cool down the amount of clothes I keep buying!
As for the drinking well I went out last night thinking I could take it steady and keep on the vodka and tonics......I was still drunk this afternoon ,ohh my head!

I am confused now :confused: all this talk about alcohol ,i was told no drink for a year :cry:,you mean there is light at the end of the tunnel ,well on the other side of the bypass op anyway lol.

Hi Di, I think it differs from person to person, I can manage vodka, cider and some wine, cant stomach lager any more though, like tammy said a little goes a long way so try to pop in a few non alcohlic drinks if you are on a night out, I did overdo it last night and I am suffering today as a result :sick0019:

A few will do for me :party0049:, i know it will be trial and error and as Richard said earlier it will be a cheap night out,even better :D.

Oh! why do i sound like a alcoholic :p lol.(i`m not honestly,just a practising one once lol).

Not so sure about cheap night now! got a stinker of a hangover after clearing the bar of vodka seemed to go down a bit too well. Don't think the sambuccas helped!!!!! God i even did karaoke my confidence must be growing! Due to go out at lunch time today for Black pudding throwing (don't ask a very strange tradition where i live) it's really just an excuse for another piss up. gonna stick to water YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!!

wish me luck feel sooooooooo grim already x

Hi Di, I think it differs from person to person, I can manage vodka, cider and some wine, cant stomach lager any more though, like tammy said a little goes a long way so try to pop in a few non alcohlic drinks if you are on a night out, I did overdo it last night and I am suffering today as a result :sick0019:

Oh Caroline you bad girl :D lol

Hope your heads feeling better soon sweety

R

Hi Folks

Pheeeew ! i thought i was facing a life without "Chardonay" !! couldnt imagine life without a few tipples every now and then !!!
Also how do i get one of those weight ticker things on the bottom of the page and a big letterd name thing ? sorry bit hungover cant even think straight today.....let alone type

Hi Tammy

Just a quick note to ask how the head is this evening lol,
I had to smile tho reading your post earlier,Sambucca and vodka both look like water but i dont think we could get away with using that as a excuse for having a headache.
"someone spike my water honest"lol.

xx

Oh Caroline you bad girl :D lol

Hope your heads feeling better soon sweety

R

I will never drink again....until the next time!
According to Chezza she threw in a few shots of cherry sourz during the night to top off the vodka shots.
According to recieved text messages I gave my number out to a couple of people, however due to wearing beer googles throughout most of the night I refuse to reply to them!:booboo:

Tammy you are my type of women!! lol

Hi all well after another drinking session yesterday (and a full day at work today) i can honestly say i feel dead!!!!! never drinking again!! well except next weekend as we got a party!!! oh well a week to recover!!!!!!!! ;)

Back