• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cystitis how to get rid if it????

babybell

Ive read that a few people have suffered with it after they op but it's just started and I don't really want to wait a week to see my doctor....is there anything you can buy to get rid of it. I don't know if it's because a hardly drink anything since my op,I know you have to drink loads but I can't get it down it kills me. Before my op I drank way too much I spent more time having wee's then being at my desk.

Andy1968

BBC - Health: Cystitis

Cranberry Juice helps.....There's a little info here babybell....

Hope it helps a bit
Andy x

OOnion

You can try the over the counter sachets, but they only neutralise the pH to stop the stinging - if it's caused by a bacteria then you should get some antibiotics asap. Can you not drop a sample at the GP tomorrow ? I would not leave it a week you could become rather unwell if it is being caused by bacteria. All the best.
xxx

Caren

Love my sleeve!!
water water water, cranberry juice, water, over the counter remedies, water xxx

babybell

Thank you, it's great all the help you get on here. Thank you xxx

minxie

Try not to delay a trip to the GP tho. It took me 4 lots of antibiotics until it cleared up - not much fun! GP and I came to the conclusion that maybe post bypass I might not have been absorbing the whole dose each time I took tablets. Good luck, hope it goes away quickly:)

Raynebubble

I had it at Christmas and was advised... watered down nas Cranberry Juice... lots of water... and cistapurin sachets which you can get from any chemist xx

Big an Bouncy

All good advice above and use a sports top bottle to sip all day.Its vital for your overall health hun!