• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

not wanting to eat

helekisapa

I had my surgery excatly a month ago today but I am finding that I don't want to eat anything. Especially in the mornings as I am feeling a bit sick so haven't had breakfast for 2 days. I am finding that come dinner time is when I really fancy any thing to eat even if it is now pureed. I drink about a glass of nas squash a day plus my pint of milk but don't feel like anything else.How can I eat/drink what I am suppose to through out the day?

I'm 7 mths out & still don't feel hungry I eat at meal times because it's a meal time. I struggle with liquids still I have 3 or 4 cups of tea a day, a glass of milk & a bit of nas but no where near enough. We must at your stage try for up to 6 small meals yoghurts etc. hope that helps.

I know I should be having 5/6 small meals a day but I am lucky if I manage 1 n that is at dinner time. I might have 1 small yoghurt.I have gone off coffee even though I drank it by the urn full before surgery. If I am still not eating like I should by the 16th March then I will talk to my team as I go for my post op check then

i would speak to them hun and see what they say... being on pureed isnt always pleasant but a stage we have to go through.. it will get easier xxx

for my pureed stage I am sticking to yoghurts and ambrosia custard pots plus weetabix with plenty of milk not to mention Heinz soups

you probably feel sick because you are hungry, without any food in your pouch it will still be producing all the acids but they will have nothing to work on, therefore they make you sicky! Try forcing yourself to eat and see if it improves.

Back