• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Daily Sleeve Food Diaries - please add yours!

3 slices of baguette with butter

what type of baguette? are you finding bread ok,can you tolerate any red meat,comforting to know I may not have to discount bread totally forever

what type of baguette? are you finding bread ok,can you tolerate any red meat,comforting to know I may not have to discount bread totally forever

Just plain white baguette.
I can eat anything without it getting stuck or giving me a tummy ache. I like it that way, because almost nobody knows about my sleeve and it can get very awkward when a grown woman eats a very small protion (sometimes even starters are too big for m, and I'm 4 months post op) AND can't meat and/ or bread. So other than eating small portions, I can eat like a "normal" person. But of course that also means that I have to watch myself more than others, because no food is off limits due to pain. Just the amount is being restricted - and if I really wanted to, I could get around that by just grazing every half an hour. So to me the sleeve is simply a tool to stop from overeating in one sitting. I have never been much of a grazer so the sleeve works fine for me.
How are you doing after your surgery? How is the food/ water intake?

Last edited:

I find bread and steak go down great. My dietician advised to have fillet steak and cook it med-rare which is how I like it. I haven't tried sirloin or rib eye yet xx

It seem's @ the moment my surgeon may have done me a favour,by choosing the sleeve over a virtually impossible bypass procedure,only time will tell

It seem's @ the moment my surgeon may have done me a favour,by choosing the sleeve over a virtually impossible bypass procedure,only time will tell

I wanted a bypass and ended up with a sleeve due to some duodenal polyps that I was found.
6 weeks post op I'm so happy with my sleeve! I'm sure I would have been happy with a bypass too but nothing to complain of, so long.
You are right...only time will tell!

I wanted a bypass and ended up with a sleeve due to some duodenal polyps that I was found.
6 weeks post op I'm so happy with my sleeve! I'm sure I would have been happy with a bypass too but nothing to complain of, so long.
You are right...only time will tell!

What have you found to be the most difficult part of the post op,would it be fluids for 3 weeks?

I had clear fluids for 2 weeks, full fluids + yoghurt for 1 week, puree stage for another week and then solid stage (except bread, breadsticks, melba toasts, pastry and anything else that makes crumbles and can scratch my stomach).
I was very happy with my surgeons guidelines 'cause liquid stage was really really awful!!!!

6 weeks post op

B - 200ml ss milk + 1 scoop of whey protein
S - 100ml low fat yogurth
L - 1 hard boiled egg + 60g tuna (canned in oil and very well drained)
S - 1/2 egg vegetable frittata
D - 1 sachet Ainsley's cup a soup + 1 small scoop of protein + 1 small ice pop

1.250ml water

I made it to 1.5lt. fluids!! Heading to 2lt.!!

2 weeks post op
200ml milk with protein powder
half a cup a cup chicken
200ml of sugar free juice
half a cup a cup chicken & veg
200ml of sugar free juice
3tbsp of low fat ice cream
200ml of suagr free juice

still on fluids only for another week

19 weeks post op sleeve
2 myprotein shakes
1 slice of bread with cheese and mortadella
salad
4 handful of peanuts
2 slices of cheese
1 chocolate bar
apple juice
2 tomatoes

Last edited:
19 weeks post op sleeve
2 myprotein shakes
4 salami sticks
cucumber
1 slice of bread with cheese and mortadella
2 crisp bread
1 chocolate bar
3 handful of peanuts
cheese

Last edited:
6 weeks post op

B - MyProtein shake in 200ml ss milk
S - 25g beef jerky
L - 25g beef jerky
D - 2 homemade meatballs

2.500lt water!!!!
Weather is getting very hot here

2 weeks post op
B- 15g ready brek with 120ml of hot milk
S- 200ml protein shake
L- 1/2 tin soup preferably Heinz,blended if it has vegetables
S-200ml NAS squash/fruit juice usually with vitamin drops
D- the other half tin of soup
S-sugar free jelly or ice cream
S-200ml hot milk with either horlicks or ovaltine for extra vitamins

squash & fruit juice tea/coffee as required or when needed

6 weeks post op

B - 1 MyProtein shake made with 200ml ss milk
L - 75g pilled pork with 3 tbl gravy
S - 100g cottage cheese + 1 homemade protein ice cream bites (only 15 cals each with 3g prot., yummy!)
D - 70g deli style roasted turkey breast + 1 tbl light herb sauce + 2 homemade protein ice cream bites

only :-(
1250ml water

4 weeks post sleeve-pass

Yesterday

B- Scrambled egg with ketchup
S- Dairylea triangle
L-Poached salmon with melba toast
S-1/2 low-fat Activia yogurt
D-Spaghetti hoops, grated cheddar, melba toast

Drinks-copious amounts of tea with skimmed milk, 3 glasses skimmed milk, 1lt water with NAS orange squash

Back