• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Daily Sleeve Food Diaries - please add yours!

8 weeks post-op and on soft foods stage

Small banana
200mls milky coffee
200mls milky coffee
300mls sugar free orange squash
One egg omelette
18g pack of value ready salted crisps
140g mango
200mls milky coffee

Last edited:
23 days post op - solid stage

125ml full fat plain yoghurt
100ml low fat plain drinkable yoghurt
200ml ss milk
110g roasted chicken breast (lunch and dinner)
1 spoonful of tomatoes
25ml caesar salad dressing
2 popsicles
750ml water
200ml tea

Drinking enough liquids is getting harder instead of easier. :-(

I'm still struggling eight weeks out - once you add food it gets harder to fit it all in. Chicken caesar sounds lovely - I love that. Did you enjoy it?

Samsara, thank you, I did enjoy but it didn't last...
It tasted really good but after lunch I felt like the greasy part of the sauce would never leave my stomach. I couldn't wash it down even with a cup of hot tea.
I believe I'll stick to very low fat for a while.

Oh that's a shame it didn't sit well Bally :(

8 weeks post-op and on soft foods stage

140g mango
200mls milky coffee
Mini croissant & 25g cheese
125g home made chilli & 5g cheese
300mls milky coffee

3 weeks post op - solid stage

Today was a strange day. Wasn't able to take my break for lunch and had to eat from a formal corporate lunch buffet. Glad I'm on solid stage or else it would have been a real problem.

1 egg + 1 mini babybell
100ml drinkable low fat plain yoghurt
100ml milk pudding
75g rice croquette (rice, tomato sauce and cheese, made into a large ball and deep fried) - delicious and no problems, finally, but not exactly low cal.
250ml veggie blended soup
100ml chilled latte
750ml water
200ml nas juice

10 months post op

B - 100g total yogurt, 50g blueberries, 35g granola, 2 tblsp lemon curd
L - inside of jacket potato with cheese and beans
D - take away, onion bhaji, 3 pieces chicken tikka, 2 puppodoms
S- pack of twiglets

3 weeks post op - solid stage

200ml ss milk
15 baked prawns
250ml fat free peas and ricotta soup + a scoop of whey proteins
40g ham
100g ricotta + 50g steamed brussels sprouts (and that was way too much...(TMI - almost vomited)
600ml herbal tea with no sugar
500ml water

I'm in hospital after having my sleeve reshaped/ kind of bypassed so I hope you don't mind if I continue on this post!

2 days post-op:

Water, water, water!
3tbsp Chicken soup
Diluted cranberry juice
Tea with skimmed milk

I'm in hospital after having my sleeve reshaped/ kind of bypassed so I hope you don't mind if I continue on this post!

2 days post-op:

Water, water, water!
3tbsp Chicken soup
Diluted cranberry juice
Tea with skimmed milk

Hope the op went well Sashie x

Hope the op went well Sashie x

Thanks hun, it seems to have gone ok. I won't really know until I am back on solid food in 6 weeks time though :(

Hope you are doing well xx

Thanks hun, it seems to have gone ok. I won't really know until I am back on solid food in 6 weeks time though :(

Hope you are doing well xx

Keeping my fingers crossed for you xx

2 days post-op:

Water, water, water!
3tbsp Chicken soup
Diluted cranberry juice
Tea with skimmed milk

Hope all is well post-op and we'd love you to continue posting here ;) x x x

8 weeks post-op and on transition soft to normal foods stage

Out all day (yesterday) at my first picnic post-op and trying some new foods so a different eating and drinking day with some treats :)

One small banana
200mls crusha/semi skimmed milk
Pasta salad/potato salad/mixed bean salad/coleslaw - couple of teaspoons of each (as part of a mini mixed salad bowl)
18g bag ready salted crisps
190g exotic fruit salad (mango, pineapple, kiwi, melon)
200mls sugar free apple squash
10g Danish Blue cheese and one oatcake
200mls tea
200mls tea
Handful of maltesers
200mls tea
200mls tea
200mls tea

Last edited:
Wow Samsara, you are able to eat fresh fruit! I'm still experiencing big problems with high-fiber food like fruit and vegetables. It seems it gets stuck very easily even if I chew very very well.

Wow Samsara, you are able to eat fresh fruit! I'm still experiencing big problems with high-fiber food like fruit and vegetables. It seems it gets stuck very easily even if I chew very very well.

Remember I'm five weeks further on than you. And I'm only allowed to slowly introduce normal foods from eight weeks out. There's no way I could've eaten fresh fruit or vegetables at three weeks out! I was on purée and liquids only then and eating mainly soups, yoghurt and cottage cheese :) I am eating small amounts slowly and chew chew chewing!

Oh and fresh fruit was my main concern - as in whether I'd be able to eat it post op as it is one of my favourite things to eat.

You'll get there quicker than you think. I can't believe I'm eight weeks out now and introducing normal textures :)

Thanks, Samsara, for your support. :)
I know I will get there, even if sometimes I doubt it, but it's frustrating being allowed to try almost everything and finding out that my new baby stomach doesn't stand most of the things I love!

For now you could try things like stewed apple or rubarb - it may hit the craving :)

Back