• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Daily Sleeve Food Diaries - please add yours!

For now you could try things like stewed apple or rubarb - it may hit the craving :)

Thanks Yvessa,
I've tried a stewed apple on the puree stage and it hit ... my bowels (TMI, sorry)!
And for rhubarb ... we don't grow it here in Italy. :sigh:
I'm having fruit in milk shakes once in a while.
I think I could try strawberries or melon (both very soft) but it's not yet full season and they are no too tasty at the moment.
I've never tried smoothies because we do not use them in Italy and I've found so many different recipes on the web that I gave up. Could you maybe share your recipe with me, please? I gather that smoothies are less calorific than milk shakes and I could have one more frequently and add some fresh vitamins to my diet.

Thanks Yvessa,
I've tried a stewed apple on the puree stage and it hit ... my bowels (TMI, sorry)!
I think I could try strawberries or melon (both very soft) but it's not yet full season and they are no too tasty at the moment.
I've never tried smoothies because we do not use them in Italy and I've found so many different recipes on the web that I gave up. Could you maybe share your recipe with me, please? I gather that smoothies are less calorific than milk shakes and I could have one more frequently and add some fresh vitamins to my diet.

I make milkshakes with skimmed milk, pureed with a banana, peaches and ice cubes. My family are Italian so I know what amazing fruit and veg you have. You are very lucky! lol x

I make milkshakes with skimmed milk, pureed with a banana, peaches and ice cubes. My family are Italian so I know what amazing fruit and veg you have. You are very lucky! lol x

Thanks Sashie,
I'm trying to keep my proteins high (dietitian advice) and milk and fruit have both plenty of carbs so I thought I could cut the milk and try making smoothies (if only I could find a low cal recipe!).
Where are your family from, if you don't mind? I'm from Rome.

Thanks Yvessa,

I'm afraid I won't be much help with smoothies as I hate them! I know many people use banana as a base and then other fruit but beyond that I don't know.

Thanks Yvessa,

Can you get frozen fruit there? That's what I used before I was able to tolerate fresh fruit. And I would stick to the softer fruits like you say - e.g. soft berries and bananas :) Here is a smoothie recipe Paula Lewis had kindly shared previously:

Ingredients

1) a handful of frozen berries or fresh fruit if you like.
2) half a banana.
3) 200mls of alpro soya vanilla pouring yogurt.
4) 150mls of milk.

Method

1) chuck it all in a blender or jug if you have a stick blender.
2) blitz until smooth.
3) pass through a sieve or tea strainer to remove any pips.
4) drink and enjoy :)

I'm personally not overly keen on milk-based smoothies so I blended up frozen mango and added water to thin it further and sieved so you could try that also - with fruits you like? I also blended a kiwi fruit to a puree and ate that with a spoon? Not sure if that is of any help to you :eek:

Thanks Yvessa and Samsara,
I'll try thinning some blended fruit with water. Frozen berries are easy to find and not too expensive either. Hadn't thought of buying frozen fruit...so stupid of me!

8 weeks post-op and on transition soft to normal foods stage

One small banana
200mls milky coffee
300mls sugar free apple squash
200mls milky coffee
Shortbread slice
125g homemade chilli
15g cheese and 1 x French toast
135g strawberries
200mls milky coffee
200mls tea

3 weeks post op - solid stage

200ml ss milk
200ml nas juice
75g stewed chicken breast
40g popsicle
40g deli style roasted turkey
70g salmon seasoned with 5g olive oil
500ml nas iced tea
500ml water

Last edited:
8 weeks post-op

One small banana
200mls tea
100g mango
18g ready salted crisps
200mls milky coffee
200mls milky coffee
200mls milky coffee
135g strawberries

17 weeks post op sleeve
2 myprotein shakes
5 king prawnswith cream sauce
100 g of skittles
1 chocolate bar

Hope you don't mind the feedback and bear in mind this is the only meal I've seen but just a little worried for you. At 17 weeks out why have a chocolate bar and skittles? Where are your meals?

8 weeks post-op

One small banana
200mls milky coffee
200mls milky coffee
200mls orange juice (not from concentrate)
140g exotic fruit salad
Two slices of corned beef (pre-sliced/70cals each)
140g exotic fruit salad
300mls sugar free Ribena
200mls milky coffee and one liquorice allsort!

4 weeks post op - solid stage

2 egg whites omelette with 1 mini babybell
500ml of water
100ml drinkable low fat yoghurt
250ml water
3 meatballs in tomato sauce (restaurant)
150ml tea
250ml water
100g baby food vanilla pudding
2 homemade meatballs cooked in stock

4 weeks post op puree stage

Breakfast : half sachet of ready brek with 100mls ss milk

Lunch : bowl butternut squash soup at cafe

Dinner : 1 m&s kids tomato and cheese pasta meal
1 danone vanilla yogurt

Drinks: 5 cups of tea
2 glasses sugar free squash

17 weeks post sleeve:
2 myprotein shakes
1 slice of bread with cheese and mortadella
2 tomatoes
1 red pepper with 1/2 a mozarella ball
1/2 sausage with ketchup
1 chocolate chip cookie
1 scoop of ice cream

8 weeks post-op

One small banana
200mls tea
One small sausage roll
200mls milky coffee
200mls milky coffee
140g mango
300mls sugar free Ribena
140g mango
200mls milky coffee and one liquorice allsort!

Not having a good day today - struggling with fluids :/

4 weeks post op

B- 200ml ss milk
L - 20g boiled rice + 1 mini babybell + 50g shrimp cocktail + 10g smoked salmon
S - 400ml gatorade
D - 14 small prawns

500ml water (hope to drink more before bed time)

9 weeks post-op

200mls milky coffee
160g Danio Passion Fruit Yoghurt
200mls tea
4 small crackers & 30g Boursin
135g strawberries
18g ready salted crisps
25g cheese with 1 x oatcake