• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

LSD post op

treezuk

I'm 19 months post op and I'm debating giving the LSD a go for a few weeks just to kick start my weightloss it's either that or the 5 day pouch test I honestly don't know what to do for the best and don't wanna cause myself any issues

Has anyone done the LSD post op and been ok ??? and also for anyone whose done the 5 dpt how have you found it ???

Sent from my iPhone

Hahahaha no the liver strinkage diet

Sent from my iPhone

Personally, I wouldn't because any weight you lose with either will come back on once you go back to normal eating. Any idea why its stalled?

just eating the wrong things and no restriction anymore I have debated doing the LSD but kinda adapting it so the principles are there if that makes sense

Sent from my iPhone

I thought about slimming world but the meetings by me are at difficult times to get to and I can't really afford it right now so I'd have to be able to do it on my own with no guidence

I am looking at the low carb lie fat LSD not the milk/yogurt

Sent from my iPhone

Attachments

• image-204384262.jpg
    image-204384262.jpg
    452.1 KB · Views: 42
Its your choice. When I tried the milk diet it actually made me put on weight as I retained water.

I dunno what to do I'm so confused and eating healthy on it's own just isn't helping :( and then I'm going back to eating crap I feel like I need structure :(((

Sent from my iPhone

Slimming world was the structure I needed. I was in a similar boat. I would try that or weight watchers. these fad diets are what got us into this mess in the first place.

I haven't got a bypass but are you sure your restriction has gone?

I've seen some posts about a cottage cheese test, maybe you could try that. Basically you eat from a pot what you can in five minutes, how ever much you have eaten in what your pouch holds.

When you are armed with this, go back to basics. Stop grazing and make good food choices.

Post on the bypass daily menu threads and get some tips that way.

Good luck xx

Thanks Mazza I'll look at that now and I am a bypasser , I do have restriction but it takes ages to feel restricted and I can eat a lot more than I could in the beginging so I know my restriction has changed from what I've heard from a lot of people this is normal so I'm not alone so luckier people still have a fab restriction but I guess I'm one of the unlucky ones.

yvessa your right it is I need to have a think x

Sent from my iPhone

I totally agree I can eat more now and it's supposed to be that way! We are supposed to have our pouches 'grow' and also restriction is variable some days are tighter than others. I have found as I get further out, three meals leave me very snacky. Six smaller meals still work better for me and I try not to let it worry me as I'm still losing.

Thanks Hun , I think I worry cos I'm not losing so now I'm feeling like I need to I was stuck at 14.9 from September to jan and then from jan I watched what I was doing so hard and I went to 14.4 by march but then since then i went down to 14 2.8 which was a total fluke as it was back to 14.4 again and that's where I've stayed , my aim is 12st I know I'm never gonna be a size 10 and 8st and I am much happier where I am right now that I ever was at 23st :)

You have done fantastic btw x

Sent from my iPhone

I think that worry is so normal. My restriction is good in the morning. But in the evening sometimes I really worry. Then other nights it is tight. It took almost 6 months before I stopped feeling guilty for eating a bit more, and I'm still not totally there. I do think without slimming world I couldn't have gotten as far as I have but I do know it doesn't work for everyone. I find I wobble around for a while and then drop suddenly nowadays - takes me a good 4 months to lose half a stone.

I honestly believe if I hadn't watched what I was doing from jan u wouldn't have dropped those 5lb I really need to cut out the carbs but it's hard some days I feel like that all I eat

I used to eat loads of protein and hardly any carbs but then the dietician told me I needed a more balanced diet and that's when more carbs crept in I think because I was trying to make sure I had equal amounts maybe I need to go back to how I was before with more protein and see if her helps

Sent from my iPhone

I do, and always have done half quarter quarter. half protein, quarter veg quarter carbs. Balanced is best, I don't believe the low carb works because it affects our satiation.

Yeah I kwym , I think I need to have a good thing before I do anything to be honest they're is so much out there x

Sent from my iPhone

There is :) And I tried calorie counting, ww again, low carb, no carb lol. I tried it all before I found slimming world. You will find your groove honey.

Back