• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Day 2 - dry heaving

RaeB

Sorry about the title, but I've felt seriously sick a couple of times this evening. Second time I was dry heaving which really hurt, but at least got rid of some trapped wind.

Hubby went out to get me peppermint tea after the first bout.

Is this normal for banders? It seemed to be related to trapped wind as I felt better afterwards.

Rachel.

Bless you, yes it is normal to feel sick after surgery. The trapped wind is a nightmare but if you move around as much as you can - little and often it should shift.

I felt nauseous because I was consuming so much less than my body was used to. Try and keep hydrated, sip slowly and keep moving.

xx

Hi RaeB
Really sorry to hear about your dry heaving....From what I can see we were banded on the same day. Would love to keep in touch as our progress might be similar.
I have pain in my left shoulder and my tummy is sore and swollen...am also 4lbs heavier than pre op but I am told that this is normal.
Take care xx

Hi BDA. Still feeling very sore today. Not felt sick again, but I managed to get some tomato soup down which made me feel better. I've gone down in weight, day after op I was nearly a lb up, bit lost that plus another lb overnight.

I'm looking forward to feeling more human, hopefully soon. I'd probably be happy never to eat again the way I feel, but I know that won't last!

Glad the heaving has passed. To be honest I didn't feel any hunger until last week when I was a couple of days into mushies. While I was on liquids food in the abstract appealed, but I didn't want to actually tuck into a platefull! It's a blessing I guess, at least there was zero temptation to slip up while I needed to continue on slimfast and soup... x

Back