• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Day One Of Pre-op Diet

slimmerkay

Well I was told to start the pre-op diet on the 1st Sept (op on the 10th) but have decided to start it today as I was shopping anyway so it was easy to get the stuff in there and then.

So going to keep a record of what I eat here so I can see I'm on track.

Day One - Sat 28th Aug

Breakfast - Small amount shreddies, ss milk and candarel.

Lunch - Portion of lean chicken, 2 ryvetas with scraping of clover spread. 1 Banana.

Dinner - Portion of cottage cheese. 1 slice wholemeal bread. Tomatoes.

Snack - Shape Zero yogurt. Melon.

Drinks - Water. 1/3 pint ss milk used for milky coffee.

Last edited:
Hi Karen
which Wls provider did you book with in the end?

xx

Where is the Spire Karen? xxx

your doing fab karen!!! keep at it, its sooo close your fingertips can grab it :)...... do you know what i LOVE clover!! its theee best spread ever... FACT xx

The Spire is in Manchester Beverlie. A private hospital that is in the BMI group.

I'm actually quite surprised with this pre-op diet. I expected it to be more harsh. I am hungry though lol. But it will all be worth it.

Oh and I am peeing for Britain lol.

How much water do you drink on the pre op diet Karen?
Stick with it, it's going to be worth it...
You are doing the right thing for you, with all of this negative publicity for WLS, glad you can just go and get on with it...
Keep us posted with everything love xxx

The diet sheet just says unlimited water, tea and coffee (but obviously need to watch the milk used), nsa squash or diet soft drinks.

I always drink quite a bit of water anyway but I'm drinking it today to fill my empty tummy. I've gone through three 75cl bottles so far today.

It will clear your system Karen, it's not bad, I am surprised really, I thought it would have been milky type drinks for the pre op diet??? xxx

So did I Bev. But I'm only allowed 1/3 pint of milk a day. She did ask what my weight and BMI is now and then said she was emailing the diet sheet so maybe it differs depending on weight????

Do you want me to copy the diet sheet here?

peeing for Britain is god Karen, it means the liver is shrinking. Well done, keep going! It will get easier as you get into it.xxx

A copy of the diet sheet would be really helpful if it's no trouble please Karen... I keep getting my brain into gear for everything... I'm working hard on my mind and body working together right now... Love and thanks, a good tip from Charis about passing water... I learn so much more from you all than in any books... thank you again xxx

OK here goes - there's not a lot to it lol.

Breakfasts - Choose from; small bowl of cereal; OR 1 slice of toast with a scraping of low fat spread.

Lunches - 1 slice of bread OR 2 crispbreads. Small portion lean meat or fish; OR a small portion of cheese; OR 2 eggs (not fried).

Dinners - Small portion lean meat or fish; OR a small portion of low fat cheese; OR 2 eggs; OR tofu or Quord based dish. 1 small potato OR 2 tablespoons of past OR rice. Vegetables (no limit except for root vegetables).

Daily - 1/3 pint milk for use in drinks and on cereal. 2 portions of fruit (eg apple, orange, banana, pear). Free water, tea, coffee, low calorie squash or fizzy drinks. 1 low fat, low sugar yogurt or fromage frais.

That's great thanks Karen, I'll copy and paste... it's not bad at all... just keep hanging onto us and getting on with it... loads of love xxx

Day Two - Sun 29th Aug

Breakfast - 1 weetabix, ss milk and candarel.

Lunch - Cottage cheese, 2 tomatoes, 2 ryveta and scraping of clover. Shape zero yogurt.

Dinner - Chicken, broccoli, cauliflower, 2 tiny new potatoes.

Snack - 1 banana. (Tried my melon but it was off!)

Drinks - 2 x tea. Water lots of.

Last edited:
I'm amazed this morning. I weigh myself every morning (I know, I shouldn't :eek:). Anyway, yesterday I was 17st 7.5lb - been the same for about 9 days now.

This morning ..... 17st 4.75lbs :eek:

I weighed myself four times in different locations on the floor to quadruple check and each time it was the same :D

Day Three - Mon 30th Aug (3.5 lbs lost)

Breakfast - 1 slice wholemeal toast and scraping of clover spread.

Lunch - 1 slice wholemeal bread, chicken and tomato. Shape zero yogurt.

Dinner - Tuna, salad, 2 small new potatoes.

Snack - 1 Banana, wedge of melon.

Drinks - 2 x tea. Milky coffee. Lots of water.

Last edited:
Back