• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Day One Of Pre-op Diet

Day Four - Tues 31st Aug (3.5 lbs lost)

Breakfast - Readybrek and semi skimmed milk.

Lunch - 1 slice wholemeal bread, chicken, lettuce and tomato. Shape zero yogurt.

Dinner - 2 egg omlette with tomatoes, 2 wholemeal slice toast and clover.

Snack - 1 Banana, wedge of melon.

Drinks - 3 x tea. Milky coffee. Lots of water.

:)Good luck Karen-10 days to your big day tomorrow:)

god Karen, you are so going to be fab at this bypass malarky!!!

Hi Karen...

Not long for us now! You seem to have yr pre-op well under control. I've done day one today & so far so good, I know I shall feel hungry tomorrow as I've eaten so little today but its all for the greater good!

Good luck for tomorrow. xx

Well done Karen, you're doing so well! it's the countdown now, eh? scary........but exciting!

OK here goes - there's not a lot to it lol.

Breakfasts - Choose from; small bowl of cereal; OR 1 slice of toast with a scraping of low fat spread.

Lunches - 1 slice of bread OR 2 crispbreads. Small portion lean meat or fish; OR a small portion of cheese; OR 2 eggs (not fried).

Dinners - Small portion lean meat or fish; OR a small portion of low fat cheese; OR 2 eggs; OR tofu or Quord based dish. 1 small potato OR 2 tablespoons of past OR rice. Vegetables (no limit except for root vegetables).

Daily - 1/3 pint milk for use in drinks and on cereal. 2 portions of fruit (eg apple, orange, banana, pear). Free water, tea, coffee, low calorie squash or fizzy drinks. 1 low fat, low sugar yogurt or fromage frais.

Hi, wow bet your all excited!! That pre-op diet doesn't seem as bad as i thought, hope it all goes well for you :)

All the Best Jo xx

Thanks everyone :D

The first two days were the worst. I was sooooo hungry. But day three wasn't too bad - I felt satisfied (if not full lol) with what I ate and yesterday was fine. And the headaches have stopped now.

I've had odd moments when I've closed my eyes and imagined biting into a bacon and egg baguette lol. Oh it tasted so good :D

Oh and hubby caught me smelling the wrapper of little ones choccie bar yesterday :eek: Hey! It worked - it smelled good and took the edge off the craving.

So on to day five. Oh and as of this morning I've lost 5lbs so far!

:)you're well on the way to a lovely little liver!!!

Day Five - Wed 1st Sept (5lb lost)

Breakfast - 1 slice wholemeal toast and clover.

Lunch - Cottage cheese, 2 ryvetas. 1 Banana.

Dinner - Portion of chicken dry roasted with garlic, peppers, corgettes, cherry tomatoes and onion. 2 small new potatoes.

Snack - Shape Zero yogurt. Grapes.

Drinks - 2 tea, lots of water.

Karen, dinner sounds yummy! I want some! You're doing brilliant honey.

Charis it was yummy. Just finished. I used to have this dish a lot with couscous - had to leave that off this time :( but the potatoes were quite nice (if small lol).

Day Five - Wed 1st Sept (5lb lost)

Breakfast - 1 slice wholemeal toast and clover.

Lunch - Cottage cheese, 2 ryvetas. 1 Banana.

Dinner - Portion of chicken dry roasted with garlic, peppers, corgettes, cherry tomatoes and onion. 2 small new potatoes.

Snack - Shape Zero yogurt. Grapes.

Drinks - 2 tea, lots of water.

Can i just ask out of curiosity... do you have to weigh and measure all your food?

Jo xx

Jo - no I wasn't told to measure or weigh food. It was just on the list as "small" amount of or "small potato" or "a portion of".

I've just used my own judgement.

On to Day 6 - and 6lbs lost :D

Day Six - Thurs 2nd Sept (6lb lost OMG :eek:)

Breakfast - Shreddies and semi skimmed milk.

Lunch - 1 slice wholemeal bread, chicken, lettuce and tomato. 1 pear.

Dinner - Portion of tuna, dry roasted garlic, peppers, corgettes, cherry tomatoes and onion. Small portion of rice.

Snack - Shape Zero yogurt. Banana.

Drinks - 2 tea, lots of water, 1 can diet coke.

I made what I thought was a small portion of rice and there was far too much for what I KNOW I should have right now. But even so what I made was HALF what I used to eat :eek:

Mine says 2 oz of meat!! Hardly worth the effort! I think I might try the milk diet for the first week at least X

haha I don't think I'd stand a chance of eating 2oz of meat at the minute! :)

I used to eat a 12/15oz steak easy-peasy, I LOVE meat!

Well into Day 7. Gosh the time is flying by!

It is no longer a hardship to eat the little I am eating and I'm so pleased about that lol. Also the urges to cheat are getting fewer and further apart.

Getting enough variety in my menus is becoming a problem but it's not for much longer now.

Back