• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

deciding sleeve or not

stuckinafatsuit said:
My pain was self inflicted though, i hoovered the stairs and cleaned the bath a week after the op and next day the pain in my stomach was horrendus. I dont have a high pain threshold so i thought i was dying!!

Kim

Omg!! Kim!!! I avoid the Hoover at the best of times!!! Lol

hi thanks all for your kind words im getting op done at SRH not darlington was considering changing hospitals but then id have to start from beginning again and dont want that so sticking with sunderland i know surgeons and nurses and they all nice so just got to wait and see what psychologist says on 15th may x

loz31uk said:
hi thanks all for your kind words im getting op done at SRH not darlington was considering changing hospitals but then id have to start from beginning again and dont want that so sticking with sunderland i know surgeons and nurses and they all nice so just got to wait and see what psychologist says on 15th may x

Good luck at the psychologist appointment :)

thanks fuffs xx

I am happy I had the sleeve. I was too chicken to do bypass though I envy the rapid weightloss the bypass seems to give. Nearly 4 months post op ive lost 4 st. Dumped a couple of times due to my own stupidity. Some days I feel hungry most days I don't. My biggest fears are stretching my stomach and losing my hair so I'm super paranoid. Still wouldn't change the decision for wls. Even though I'm still obese going down to 18 st has increased my confidence. I just keep thinking if I keep up this exercise and eat right one day I will be size 12. Having the sleeve has made that a real possibility. I hope this helps :)

Hi Loz, how did you get on with your Psych appointment in May - have you had your balloon out yet and how have you done with it?

hi novamay appointment went great psychologist has agreed to me getting sleeve :) also get balloon out 28th of june so 10days time ive lost 3st 13lb up to now and been great with it but dreading the removal :(

I am happy I had the sleeve. I was too chicken to do bypass though I envy the rapid weightloss the bypass seems to give. Nearly 4 months post op ive lost 4 st. Dumped a couple of times due to my own stupidity. Some days I feel hungry most days I don't. My biggest fears are stretching my stomach and losing my hair so I'm super paranoid. Still wouldn't change the decision for wls. Even though I'm still obese going down to 18 st has increased my confidence. I just keep thinking if I keep up this exercise and eat right one day I will be size 12. Having the sleeve has made that a real possibility. I hope this helps :)
I would say 4 stone in 4 months is rapid enough, you wouldn't want it any faster. Well done

Kim

hi novamay appointment went great psychologist has agreed to me getting sleeve :) also get balloon out 28th of june so 10days time ive lost 3st 13lb up to now and been great with it but dreading the removal :(

Fab - that's a good weight loss... you've done really well. I'm sticking at the moment - have gone down clothes sizes but not much more in weight loss. Not sure if I'll lose much more before mine comes out in August but going to keep on trying. Think they said the removal isn't as bad as putting it in - at least you don't have to stay in hospital! Good luck Loz - hope all goes well with your sleeve - shouldn't be too far away.

I'm 4 months post sleeve op. op went well didn't know I'd had one, no pain, scars gone lready. Lost 6 1/2 stoes & 5 dress sizes since February. Was 22 1/2 stones now just under 16. But I had allergy issues post op ith meds. I was already very allergic nothing to do with op. I had to have a stretch because of the allergies again painless. I am still trying to introduce more food types but have managed quite a few albeit very small portions. I have been out to several restaurants & only gain have small portions but enjoy myself tremendously especially in my new clothes. I can mange a small glass of red wine but I only occasionally treat myself as I don't want to get into bad habits again. I have 2 friends that I met in hospital who had bypasses same time. They eat more that me & get hungry - I am never hungry. They have lost 3 stones each so far. They both had diabetes which is now cured. I would discuss with you surgeon & team to see what is right for you. That's what I did. I think there are benefits for all the WLS methods but you, your problems & issues, lifestyle etc needs to be matched to the right one. Good luck.

I had a sleeve and have had/still have problems relating to a leak during original surgery. However this is continued due to incompitence of the team at the hospital I am under and their messing around with how to deal with the leak.

I have other friends who have had the sleeve and they have had no problems at all, and theyve also had tremendous weight loss. Weight loss wise, Ive lost since April almost 8 stone. I have come down from size 30 top and 32 bottoms to a 16 top and 16/18 bottoms.

Whichever you choose, it has to be your decision, and I wish you the best of luck with everything x x

Back