• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Depression

Malinda

Hi there

Can someone tell me if they too had terrible depression and mood swings? I am 2 weeks post op and feel like I am on a roller coaster. Every different pain I get I think something terrible is wrong even though I know I am still healing and my body needs time. My poor husband he is trying so hard, but I know I am extra difficult and the liquid diet is driving me crazy....

Does this pass?

Xxxxx

Hi Malinda, speaking from my own experience, I was very up and down immediately after the op, tearful one minute, thinking it was the best thing I've ever done the next. Also, I think anaesthetic can make you down. Like you, I worried about every twinge and would be frantically typing things into Google to check it was normal, that's how I came across this site actually. If you're anything like me, it will pass, especially when the weight starts coming down but if you're at all worried about anything speak to your bariatric team. Take care hun, you're amongst friends here :)

Back