• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

depression

scorpion

Six Month Post Op
depression seem to be a common thread running through a lot of posts.
like lots in our posistions i too am sick of the looks and comment of other, but that i can cope with i have given up the front of jolly fat bloke, because iam not very jolly. inside i am a misreble git who has had enough. i am feed up of being constantely tired through sleep aphnea and wasting my days off work falling a sleep in the arm chair. i have taken the first step with my depression by seeing the doctor.
i would just like to say to other minimins you are not alone and depression is nothing to be ashamed of.
dave

Hi Dave,

I have suffered with depression on and off for the last 20 years, but it got a hold of me when i had my son, everyone said it was post natal depression but it wasn't and i still suffer alot....... I agree with you Depression is nothing to be ashamed off, the problem is peope who haven't suffered it or don't actually understand it have not got a clue about it!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck with your Doctors appointment!!! glad you are taking action

Hi Dave

I know wher eyour coming from . i too was/am the jolly fat bloke. But it is too easy to give up and slide into a none going out depression of self pity .

I was in this state and didnt leave my house for near 2 years.

I managed with help to pull myself round and see the doctor for which helped me with drugs.

It comes and goes and the panic attacks have mainly gone and i feel that ive beaten it. Although i know its still there ive learnt to cope with it.
For which i guess it will go away in the end.

You will get the happy feeling back dave but dont give up on your self. the jolly fat bloke is needed by others to keep their heads straight :D

Although i normally get drunk before i can perform :D:D

Best of luck with the doctor

Mark

am with all you guys 100% think we all put an act on as the 'bubbly' one in the group!!! depression affects everyone differently but it does seem that for us who have weight problems it hits hard. My Gp has been great and now am taking pills which seem to be making getting out of bed easier!!!! hope things get easier for you and remeber there are lots of us here to help x

i ve changed gp's and the new one is great ive been taking fluoxetine which started off well for about a month but a little set back in the process put me back,so she has upped the dosage which seems fine at the present.
find mini's a great source of inspiration cant wait to go under the knife, i love watching fatdoctor and seeing the results until then i live in envy/ jelously / hope delete as appropriate.
dave

Dave, just a quickie to let you know there is light at the end of the tunnel! I realised i was badly depressed this time last year but it took me till Oct to go see GP (stubborn fool that I am!) Been on fluoexetine since Oct, have had my surgery and am now in the process of reducing the tablets cos I feel great!!! Stick with it mate and you will get there in the end!

Back